Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September/October 2003 issue

Talking

Ya know, I nearly smacked my head on the ceiling of my room leaping onto my bed to get the new issue I had on the other side. The top of my matress is 3 feet above the ground so when I jumped on the bed to get around it, I nearly hit my head on the ceiling.
    I have a signature.

ouch

We appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Philbert....
    you might want to watch out for those solid objects... they can hurt.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

True story, once when I was at work (a place I no longer work at), I was explaining to a girl how if you rearrange the molecules in your body just right, you can pass through solid objects. I then turned and ran into a hardwood wall 3 times.

For some reason that place made me weirder and weirder.
    I have a signature.

ouch ouch ouch

So, philbert, was she convinced?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Actually she looked at me weird, as did everyone else who saw me do it. They were use to it, I remember one guy who was a recovering drug addict and he was around 24 years old. He told me that I am one of the weirdest, craziest people he has ever met, and that he would never want to see me drunk (I don't drink). I laughed.
    I have a signature.

Feels Philberts forehead..

"You feeling alright there man?"
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

okay, i'll bite...

...what kind of job was it? nuclear plant monitor?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A waiter, or the politically correct term, "server".
    I have a signature.

In some restaurants, I'd say thats almost the same thing.
    practice wu de

I see...

... and what about being a waiter convinced you that you could rearrange your molecules and walk through solid objects? What were your serving at that restaurant?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It was something that my physics teacher was discussing one day when I was a junior in high school. He said "If it were possible to rearrange the molecules...blah blah blah...walk through that door...blah blah blah...but I'd probably hurt myself hitting the door before my body passes through it."

I was explaining the theory, I never thought that I'd actually pass through the wall and was being goofy.

As far as food, just normal food. Steaks, burgers, chicken, shrimps, salads, catfish, salmon, nothing amazing or unique. Though we did have something called a Chicken and Shrimp Oriental Salad, never tried it because I'm alergic to shrimp. Found out last year at 2 am on my 19th birthday. Most people think that praying to the porcelin God on your birthday is a sign of a good day, I however don't drink and was just praying my dinner.
    I have a signature.

Zhong Yunlong in People's Daily

The disappearing art of Chinese Wudang-style Kongfu
    (People's Daily Online) 15:43, July 06, 2017

Traditional Chinese Kongfu lost its practicality after the end of the cold weapon age. Wudang, one of the most famous forms, is trying to carry the tradition forward in a new age.
    Zhong Yunlong, born in 1964, is 14th generation Wudang Sanfeng Sect. He came to Wudang when he was 19 years old and exchanged Kongfu arts with other sects on behalf of Wudang. Zhong returned to the Purple Cloud Temple, the base of Wudang, five years later to deal with challengers from other places.

(Purple Cloud Temple)

The last person who challenged him was an Italian fighter some 23 years ago. Claiming to be the founder of martial arts in Europe, he was thrown to the ground and slightly injured. Measures were later put in place to prevent future injuries. Without an actual combat atmosphere, however, fighters cannot learn from each other, and Wudang gradually became a form of exercise for self-entertainment.
    According to Zhong, Wudang used to have 11 branches, but now only has six. “The most important reason for their disappearance is the strict rules of inheritance. There used to be more than 400 sects in Taoism Kongfu, but most of them were lost over time.”
    Wudang swordsmanship exists only in legends, because today’s swords are made of iron and are wobbly, so they are only suitable for performances or collection. He has collected various swords, all of which are unsatisfactory, expect one: a rusty sword made in the 1980s has companied Zhong till now.

(Wudang's Sword Collection)

“Its performance rather than community,” Zhong said, describing the present environment of Kongfu. Before, several years of training was required before one could even start learning Wudang Kongfu. Nowadays, most people are just interested in superficial moves.
    According to rumor, Zhong’s master gave him a sword book before he died. Zhong said the rumor is false. “There’s no such sword book. We were taught the arts orally.”

(Zhong Yunlong)

Wudang and Shaolin are the best-know forms of Chinese Kongfu. Wudang is famous for swordsmanship while Shaolin style is superior in boxing. Wudang’s swordsmanship is famous in China. It combines both hard and soft moves that change according to the reactions of the challengers.
    Nowadays, Taoists in Wudang pay more attention to tourism than Kongfu. Data shows that Wudang received 7.6 million tourists in 2016, and made 4.3 billion RMB in 2016.
    Zhong left the Purple Cloud Temple last year, despite his promise to his master that he would never leave Wudang. He did not take his sword with him.

Wudang & our SEP+OCT 2003 cover master.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips