Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun - The smart person's art?

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Ng Mui
    Ip Man said ''You had to be clever to reach the highest level of Wing Chun.''
    While needed, Intelligence will not give you an advantage at every task.
    Wisdom on the other hand will .
    Excellent.
    - kj

Re: Re: Re: Nonsense.

[Is that turtle? Just checking. --S

Yup Turtle. --HS

The respect statement is perfect and what Savi was stating as well. In your previous post you were not holding to your own statement however. ---S

It is ok if That is how you think. -HS

From my experience with Savi and the HFY family, they understand that the mind and body have to be as one. You can't have more body than mind or vice versa. They have to be balanced along with spirit. They hold no illusions about reality and experience as you may think. --S

As for anyone's or family's view, they certainly can have thier view and believe. Free Will. -HS

Originally posted by Ernie
    my name is betty and i will kill you with my gopher chucks wimp low

Hey, My Name is the Choosen One and I will kill you with my MOO Bong low kick

Rene, UFO is from French, according to Betty!
    Last edited by Phenix; 08-02-2003 at 11:14 AM.

Re: Hi Hendrik

Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

--".. if you're not too busy answering TenTigers' questions.--RH

RH,

i have met 10 year old wc'ner that can't comprehend and never will , --Ernie.

Ernie said it well.
    Last edited by Phenix; 08-02-2003 at 10:55 AM.

Re: A little learning...

--That reminds me this...."A little learning is not a dangerous thing to one doesn't mistake it for a great deal."...but there's a problem for those who misquote, or quote out of context, and draw incorrect conclusions from the sutras and other folks, even skies are blue, and you couldn't see the rainbow. Bros, spring comes, the door will open, and you'll recognize the way -the way of WCK and Ch'an!--RH

RH, you are so smart and so wise and so great! you must be the Chosen ONe!

But he only live in Kung Pow ????

http://www.kungpowmovie.com/swf/KPmain.html
    Last edited by Phenix; 08-02-2003 at 11:18 AM.

beware the flying uni-boob
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hendrik's doggie bag

<<But he only live in Kung Pow ????>>HS

Whenever Hendrik talks about things, it's like asking for the doggie bag at a restaurant, there is a sense of failure, isn't there?

Re: Hendrik's doggie bag

<<But he only live in Kung Pow ????>>HS

Whenever Hendrik talks about things, it's like asking for the doggie bag at a restaurant, there is a sense of failure, isn't there?
    Ok You can win over Hendrik. Happy now?
    Last edited by Phenix; 08-03-2003 at 08:43 PM.

?!

<<Ok You can win over Hendrik. Happy now?>>HS

What is that?...When one has no sense of living with a wide open sky above and a lust green earth below, then it becomes very difficult for him to expand his vision.--RH
    Last edited by Rolling_Hand; 08-03-2003 at 09:55 PM.

sharing

Ok You can win over Hendrik.
    Hendrik for someone that likes to say there is no winning or losing you refer to winning and losing alot and for someone that likes to ask alot of questions you don't seem to be a person of many answers.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Re: sharing

Originally posted by canglong

Hendrik for someone that likes to say there is no winning or losing you refer to winning and losing alot and for someone that likes to ask alot of questions you don't seem to be a person of many answers.
    Canglong, don't hold your breath for answers to yours or Ten Tigers questions, man. You know when Hendrick can't quote the answer from a book it's ....

" .... like asking for the doggie bag at a restaurant, there is a sense of failure, isn't there?" - RH

-David
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Ok you all win. Happy now?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I sense a great disturbance in the force. It's hard to spill blood over the internet though! What can we do to restore liberty and justice the American Way? The Statue of Biu Gee's liberty points to the great eyejab for the moment. One must be blind if justice is to prevail. Let me know the moment when the jabbings are truly over to your heart's deepest satisfaction. Carry on! Ha! Ha!

Regards,

Originally posted by PaulH

What can we do to restore liberty and justice the American Way?

Regards,
    "This is America. We don't have enlightement here . We have Strip club, Las Vages, and HBO. "----BPM

http://www.mgm.com/bulletproofmonk/

Click on launch site
    Last edited by Phenix; 08-04-2003 at 09:47 AM.

I am confused by your last post Tom. You are going away from the original question and you seem only to be challenging what Savi said.

I have seen first hand that the intellectual level of a person does have great influence on their learning curve.
    In Savi's attempt to answer Mun Hung's question, he actually created the tangent by raising and answering another question. Mun Hung asking "Do you need to be smart?" is different question than Savi's interpretation of Hung Fa Yi's answer to the question of "What is smart?" My random musing poked a hole in Savi's interpretation, and Kathy Jo elaborated quite eloquently.

I don't think you are confused at all. But, intellect's correlation to classical education is an elitist interpretation of "smarts." By equating "smart" with the level of one's classical education and a necessary component to learn the "technical know-how which addresses why things are being done in order to balance out the mind and body understanding," it implies that the common man or woman equipped with only a "high school diploma" or less cannot reach the highest levels of Ving Tsun Paai Kung Fu, and, thus, cannot possibly be qualified to practice Ving Tsun Tseun Chin Tong.

A bunch of actors, musicians, and stage hands in a traveling opera troupe are probably not intellectually chalenged, but neither are they likely candidates for the 19th century equivalent of Rhodes Scholar candidates in China. Did Savi and/or you mean to suggest that they are unqualified to pass on their knowledge and wisdom of Ving Tsun? Doubtful - It's more likely the result a simple mistake in Savi's understanding of the Hung Fa Yi method of teaching.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 08-04-2003 at 09:56 AM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com