Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts Fiction

Kabuki from Davi Mack...especially "Circle of Blood" or "Masks of the Noh", since the others are less martial and more psychology oriented (well, from the middle to the end of metamorphosis it gest quite nice, there's even some savate in it!!)...and you just can't beat the artworks and incredible levels of complexity in the storyline...the guy's a genius, with too many gimmicks, but still...

As for the rest, I like any Wu Xia Pian with people flying or wielding impossible weapons like it was feather light...
    Romance of the 3 Kingdoms was great too, and Outlaws of the Marsh.

Mutant W, I know the guy you're talking about...nice pieces indeed...grrr, his name ludes me too at the moment, it's Van something...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

IronFist was my hero for some time... the way he'd concentrate his ki until his fist started glowing.... that's some good stuff !

Musashi rules.

Lone Wolf and Cub rules.

And Fist of the North Star.

AHHH. Who can forget the Fist of the Northstar.? Especially with Showtime still running the cartoons. Man, I even enjoyed that live action version with Gary Daniels. But then how could I not? Still wish they'd worked out some way to do the walking through a building as it falls on your head.
    Most fights start standing up. Keep it there.-standup school
    Most fights end up on the ground. Take it there.-ground school
    Fights start where they start and go where they go. Go or take it whereever works best.-MMA

Cool Martial Arts Fiction

Is there any martial arts fiction (written, not those supa-cewl Shaw Brothers flix) being published these days?

Side note: There any translated copies of the dime-a-dozen martial novels that went around China, etc? I think it'd be interesting to read of the cowboyish martial exploits of MA characectures (sp).

Indeed, it's late.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

this is the closest thing I've found.

if you like those kungfu comics, see the source @ comicsone.com, there's one I like called Saint Legend, where the 8 taoist gods are a super hero team.

if you're looking for novels, look up Louis Cha on amazon.com, he wrote the story for the Swordsman movie trilogy and a couple of the comics in the above site.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

Roger Zelazny edited a book called, "Warriors of Blood and Dream". It leans toward sci-fi martial arts, but some of the short stories were pretty straight-forward fiction too.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

dunno if this is what you mean but

have you read "Iron & Silk"?..it's martial arts fiction....i'd heard of it for some time, but happened to see it yesterday in the bookstore so i bought it...haven't really read alot yet, but the first 10 pages were entertaining..only $12.95

as far as comics:
    http://comicsone.com/

lots of stuff there..

In mildness is the strength of steel

Iron and Silk is non-fiction.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I've written a 375 page book entitled Evolution Fist: Revelations from the hidden garden.

You can't believe how hard it is to find an agent, let alone a publisher. Not given up though and working on a more main stream book that may help my breaking into the industry.

There is a great book, something or other Tao. Or Tao this or that. I forgot it. Will post it tomorrow. Pretty good.

You can't believe how hard it is to find an agent, let alone a publisher.
    Go sing it on the mountain, brother. My first book was marginally successful. Having a heck of time selling No. 2. I fired my agent last month, so right now I'm trying to figure out if I can sell it without one.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up Master Killer

you're right, that's what i meant to type in...tank ya for the correction

either way, it's a good book though..

Chronicles of Tao is the book I was speaking of. Better than Iron and Silk.

Thanks EF, I'll have to check that one out.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Question EF

is Chronicles of Tao fiction or non-fiction? now i have to check it out...my interest's been piqued