Thread: Jin Yiming (Chin I Ming)

Jin Yiming (Chin I Ming)

Can anyone share any information on Jin Yiming (Chin I Ming)? I just recently picked up a copy of his "Zhongguo jiji jinghua" (The Essence of Chinese Martial Arts). I remember hearing or reading before (NorthernShaolin, it was probably in one of your posts) that he had also studied Northern Shaolin and taught some of the ten sets to his students, but that he did not learn from Gu Ruzhang.

thx
    bq

Chin I Ming

Hi Beiquan,
    Me, Tainan Mantis and Graculus had a discussion on this previously.

http://www.enterbrucelee.com/quotes7.html

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...?postid=294190

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=20495

Could you let me know where I could pick up a copy of his book. I am intrigued by his branch of Northern Shaolin. Is it Tai Tzu, Mien Quan or Mizong perhaps. What, may I ask, does the book say about his system. His posture in the Bruce Lee page photo is identical to my Big Buddhapalm form posture.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

buddhapalm,

I just picked up two of his books, "Zhongguo jiji jinghua" and "Liangong mijue" at a bookstore in LA Chinatown. Both are recent reprints, part of the "Gu quanpu" series published by Shanxi kexue jishu chubanshe. Haven't gotten too far into them yet, as I'm translating as I read (slow work...), so no info so far on who his teachers were; as far as I've gotten into the books he has not mentioned it. I was hoping that someone else might have this information... I'll post more as I get further into the books.

bq

Any news

Dear Beiquan,
    Any further luck in your research of the teachers/styles of Jin Yiming ?

I will soon order the 1930's book "The Essence of Chinese Martial Arts" from China.

I am most intrigued in Jin Yiming's background. Is it Lohan, Mienzhang, etc.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    Last edited by buddhapalm; 08-29-2003 at 11:17 PM.

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

checking in

Hi BeiQuan,
    Just checking in :-)

Cheers

Buddhapalm

bp -- just got my Jin Yiming book back on friday, i've been traveling for the past month and had to send all my books on ahead. will post soon