Thread: Tai Chi Legacy Recap

Threaded View

Tai Chi Legacy Recap

So did any of you guys meet up at the TCL?

I came to watch the San Shou on Sat which was interesting as always. The important day was sunday as my 2 newbie fighters were going to spar against strangers for the first time. It went well at first until one of my fighters felt a pop in his knee. I wanted to let him sit it out for a bit to get a better "feel" for it but he said he wanted to fight. Thirty seconds later his kneecap was turned around to the side and he had to go to the hospital. Horrible moment. It was way out of hand. There was a guy who was sitting right next to us whose face was ripped open.. literally had the skin held together right by his eye and GUESS WHAT.... not a disqualification. They said redness of face or blood and peeps are DQ'd. I think its frikkin ridiculous.. am I going to have to train my guys to fight full-contact to compete in these tournaments? It sure seems alot safer than the continous sparring. Its not that I have problems with fighting in conditions where there is a chance of physical damage but... this is the beginners division!!! I have lost students to just the difficulty of my training but to see people get hurt like this is a detriment to any teacher.

p.s. I have it recorded on a tape (my digital cameraman wasnt able to make it) but I would need to convert the files to post it.
    Last edited by Losttrak; 08-04-2003 at 05:38 AM.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...