Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon?

Boris Guest

Simple

"AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, gotta kill every
    ************ in the room, accept no substitute."

-ORDELL ROBBIE
    Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything

Andy Johnson Guest

Suprise

I am suprised nobody siad the staff?

Taijimantis Guest

Whoa...

Liquid...
    If you live inthe US my suggestion is to make some different lifestyle choices...

You may get away with beating someone on your property, but it can eventually(and usually does) catch up with you when you are out and about, especially when you beat someone with a foreign object over someone grabbing your girlfriend's backside.
    The grabbing itself can be an assault and could be pursued.
    Remember that all the kung fu in the world may not save you from being socially integrated into our corrections system. Recent Statistics show that over 88% of prison rapes are committed against young men- young white men in perticular. So if you happen to fit that category... think twice.

As far as weapons go I have to go with Kevin. It depends on the situation. While I am not a fan of guns (having carried one for eight years) I have to say that the day may come again very soon when I feel I have no choice but to use one again, thanks to this stupid concealed weapons law Michigan has passed. And while the law really has no effect on the criminal element (as they will carry a gun whether it is against the law or not) I have to admit more handguns on the street does not make me feel any safer, nor do statistics show any significant difference in crime deterrence.

IN close quarters a knife is often better than anything else. Medium range perhaps my nunchux or short swords. medium long range the chain whip or rope dart. Long range Barnett .50 cl sniping system.

But personally I dont see too many winners in violence. I train so I wont have to fight, I know sometimes it is inevitable... but Liquid, out of curiosity, when that 27 year old guy came back why didnt you just g o inthe house and call the cops?

The Boxer rebellion was full of martial arts experts who thought that their iron shirt was going to protect them from bullets... they were wrong.

ttt 4 2017!

Funny what pops up when you search 'flame thrower' here.

Quote Originally Posted by 8stepsifu View Post
    Because takeout's expensive, and why go to a restaurant when you have three cooked caracasses at your feet.
    Mini FLAME-THROWERS that are designed to fight off sex attackers and can fit inside a handbag go on sale in China

Flaming self-defense weapon is available to buy on Chinese shopping site
    Devices produce flames from several inches to more than 1.5ft long
    Makers boast they reach temperatures of 1,800C and can disfigure attackers

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
    PUBLISHED: 14:00 EDT, 18 July 2017 | UPDATED: 17:39 EDT, 18 July 2017

Hand-held flame-throwers are being sold as a self-defense tool against sexual attackers in China.

The devices, which look like large cigarette lighters, are on sale for between $10 and $30 from several online shops.

Makers boast they can produce a flame from several inches to one and a half feet long at temperatures up to 1,800C - enough to 'disfigure' an attacker.

Mini flame throwers designed to protect women against sex attackers have gone up for sale for between $10 and $30 in China

Adverts claim the devices are perfectly legal, though Chinese police say otherwise, according to The Telegraph.

They are explicitly marketed as a self-defense tool for women to use against predatory men, with one advert showing a woman being pushed up against a bathroom door.

Another advert on Chinese marketplace Taobao shows a woman chasing a man away while brandishing one of the devices.

Sexual violence is believed to be a common crime in China, though how common is largely unknown, since many go unreported.

Luo Tsun-yin, a social psychologist at Shih Hsin University in Taiwan, believes that nine out of ten crimes are never brought to the attention of the police.

Domestic violence was only made illegal in 2015, though the legislation failed to cover sex crimes. Marital rape is still legal.

Makers say they are capable of producing a flame up to a foot and a half long at temperatures of 1,800C - which is enough to 'disfigure' an attacker

A 2013 UN report found that almost a quarter of Chinese men admitted raping a woman at least once in their life. 87 per cent said sexual entitlement was their motivation, and 57 per cent said they did it because they were bored.

Meanwhile a separate study by the China Family Planning Association in 2016 found that 30 per cent of students at Chinese universities had experiences some form of sexual violence.

The issue of sexual violence has been high on the political agenda in China following a high-profile case of attempted rape last year, in which a man was caught on CCTV dragging a woman down a hotel corridor by her hair.

Shockingly, a member of hotel staff approaches the man but instead of intervening, merely asks the pair to be quiet. Several passersby also do nothing.

Eventually someone steps forward to grab the woman's arm and the attacker flees.

The case went viral after the victim, identified only as Wanwan, posted the footage on social media site Weibo after police told her investigators would be unable to meet with her for a week after the crime.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart