Thread: wouldn't a glossary of terms be nice?

wouldn't a glossary of terms be nice?

is the idea of a PM glossary on this board out of the question?

neil

Not out of the question at all. More of a question of how to put it together. I'll have to ask Gene if something like this would be possible. 'tis a good idea IMHO.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Yeah- dito

Would be a good idea .. helps to speak "one " language..
    7*tanglang Germany with regards...

This is a fantastic idea ninjaboy! Would really help me with understanding and learning from Tainan Mantis and Mantis 108! Many times I`m left in the dark on terminologies. Alot of positive gains can come out of this idea of yours.

Bravo, NinjaBoy!!!!

Excellent idea- a benefit to us all. Maybe we can con Tianan or Mantis 108 to write it???

Pleeeeease?????
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

I think it would be ideal when this glossary is put together, that Cantonese and Mandarin terms are considered instead of just one Chinese dialect. Idealy to just avoid any confusion for nonChinese speakers.

Very, very cool idea Ninjaboy.

UM.

Maybe we could include both the mandarin and cantonese names for tanglang terminology since not all individuals learn tanglang under the same language. I wouldn't think it would be too great of an added effort since the two are very similar and this could help the flow of information into our hungry and waiting brains. In the meantime, here is a link to a basic glossary geared towards sevenstar terminology for those of you who might find use in it. Great question Ninjaboy! Definately a good idea. Hope it gets off the ground as I think everyone can benefit from it.
    -Mr.Binx

"I think therefore I think I am."

Talking Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Wow, I really don't know what to say but that I am really honored. Thank you everyone for the great support.

Tainan definitely should take the lead. I would do my best to contribute. I am all for a meaningful project such as this. BTW, Sifu Cottrell's site is also a great start in this area.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

The terms on my site are keyed exactly to the terms in Lee Kam Wing's Yellow Book. If you follow the book technique by technique it will give you some idea how the cantonese goes.

However my romanization is terrible...someone with better skills than I in that area should amend that part.

Steve Cottrell
    Last edited by MantisifuFW; 08-05-2003 at 07:02 PM.

aw shucks <blushing>

i just thought that we have a large enough cross section of multilingual people that we could at least be on the same page without having to run to anyone's aid. just let everybody learn how to get hip with the lingo.

it's fantastic to have the people that we have that share information with such generosity but they may not always have time for us to pick their brains.

as formidable as we consider our art of choice to be, would it not be best to allow it's artists to be similarly armed? with information concerning it, that is...???

neil