Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What causes a fight?

What causes a fight?

The recent discussion about Alex Gong and his shooting has brought one thing back to my mind.

Often I see 2 guys get into an argument or scrap and afterwards one will insist that the other guy was the antagonist, but to me it was him that was the ture antagonist.

Example:
    Guy A spills a beer, Guy B gets into his face and start insulting Guy A and pushing him around.
    Guy A gets of course irate but is NOT really interested in a confrontation, he will try to calm the situation.
    Guy B doesn't see it as such and continues to push Guy A.
    End result Guy A fights Guy B or vice-versa.

This is a pattern I have often observed may it be in a pub, Tui-shou, office meeting or similar.
    It looks like some people don't seem to able to quit once they got into "fight mode".

What's your opinion?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Laughing Cow; 08-06-2003 at 06:57 PM.
    Witty signature under construction.

Agreed. All parties involved in a conflict must be willing to negotiate in order for it not to escalate to a physical confrontation. More often than not, people are so self-centered that they refuse to negotiate. This is, regretably, the cause of most of humanity's problems.

There's an art to starting a fight and you've gotten to see it.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I once killed a man for snoring too loudly.

If you don't remember the comercial for Time/Life books based on the old west that will mean nothing to you.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Big deal, I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Yeah but I'm no lady ... I'm Belle Star.

Ummmm ... scratch that.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

They start on different Ideals... point of view what ever, and because some people are stupid
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

I have worked at the local renaissance festival for the last 7 years doing security and medical response. We tend to do more Security then medical response, because of the amount of drinking that goes on at this thing. One thing I have observed is that there are some people on our team who get a much better response then others. Those people are all generally calm of demeanor, carry themselves confidently, don't often feel threatened by shows of force. They usually maintain and even tone while talking to individuals who are upset.
    On the other hand the guys who tend to escalate a situtaion are often the tough talking types who do more talk then walk. They often puff up when confronted by someone who is not in their right state of mind and being aggressive. Their voice gets gruff or shows signs of stress. Their body posture is often defensive and closed. They tend to be uncompromising and aggressive themselves, often approching individuals with an "attitude".

Unbalanced psyche+beer=trouble

Cow wrote

"Guy A spills a beer, Guy B gets into his face and start insulting Guy A and pushing him around.

I have often observed may it be in a pub, Tui-shou, office meeting or similar."

You wacky robot builders have some CRAZY office meetings.

People are ignorant. Theres also the fact that there are a lot of people that think they have to prove something by fighting... Just like that chick in high school that thought shed be popular for f*cking the entire football team.

I know a few people who are very inclined to fight. They tend to be aggressive, hold themselves as so, lack proper communication skills, and well, they are fairly less intelligent than your average person.

Personally, I have a very calm demeanor, and when people puff up and try to get bout it bout it, I just stay calm and its gotten me out of pretty much any situation ive ever been in... I gots mediation training too tho...

Thumbs down

Something that's a 'trend' over here in sthlm is ppl take sleeping pills called Rohypnol. This mixed with alcohol makes u sluggy, agressive and you feel like you are in a dream. If you'r confronted by this, good luck trying to calm him down.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Rohypnol = date rape drug.

Makes you feel really really drunk... Usually causes a "blackout" as well... Ive gotten a hot dose a parties a couple times, just glad I got it instead of the girl whoever the stupid f*ck was trying to bang... (usually happens at rich kid parties)

I find that people are really really easy to deal with once motor skills and physical strength have been inhibited to this point. Same goes for people on heroin. Its the amphetamine addicts you dont want to have to deal with.

Yenhoi's mom has been known to start a fight from time to time.

She hit me in the mouth for noticing her cankles.