Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many forms do you think there are in wah lum?

how many forms do you think there are in wah lum?

and is yao allowed to teach the forms he learned from wah lum? because I know he got kicked out of wah lum because he wanted to do modern wushu. please answer me

is there a way I could get a copy of wah lum's student handbook?

forms

LKS taught 11 forms- wah lum forms 1-6 that are taught now are not part of them, these were added by chan wan ching in hong kong.

Can yao li teach the wah lum sets? Sure he can, he just can't advertise them as he is a wahlum teacher.
    I have seen some of his forms, a bit different than what is taught now and also a form that nobody in present wah lum knows. It was called Saint hands i think.

PM me, i think i have a few copies of the hand book or may be able to get you one

how many forms do you think there are in wah lum?

Answer: A hell of a lot more than are being taught now. I was told by a very reliable source MC has over 400 forms in his arsenal. A small percent of that now being taught.

Ren Blade

Don't know the 11 origianal forms- good luck finding out!'

Woliveri-wow the count just keeps going up, we asked mc when the count was 300 and he laughed and said no he didn't know 300 forms. get a new source

I would guess there are at least 110 to 120. I know a person who has somewhere around 50 or so forms who asked TT once and he said that's not even half...

Then again he was talking to a few people and I think he might have been referring to all of them. I'd all together they have something like 64 different forms (most of them all of them know, some each person "specialized in")

But what do I know? Not a lot....
    Amitabha

I always felt like I was learning only "part" of a form. Alot of times, a WL form ends really weird. Like it should keep going...ending with a techn. that normally does not end a form. Oh well, WL forms always kicked my a*s! Just wish there would have been more to them. (Not gonna beat a dead horse)

Why the need for so many hand forms? Weapons are another story...right?

18Elders, well that number was from the 80s so it looks like it's going down, not up. So take away the number 400 and leave the statement "a sh*tload". Source saw them on video (8mm). k? Anyway, like you said, good luck finding out. Maybe he just know's 2 and that 2 sprouted into 10,000 ha ha. You know he passing more than what's currently seen now to Mimi. I don't really give a flying f*rt. Jeepin and Qi Gong are my lively hood hobbies now. Maybe later some Baji would be nice.

take it light!!!

c'ya

jeepin & Qi Gong

This is total yin and yang! Where do you jeep? Did some in Arizona (Sedona & Kole`s Ranch) As for given a fly`n. I`m on to bigger and better myself.

Isn`t k? doing Eagle now? Had some really good times with him...a real talker!

Weekend`s coming up! Go for it.

forms

the question should be how many has he mastered and understood all the techniques and applications??
    To me it is useless just to know the moves and not understand the form.
    He (MC) told my kung fu brother that he didn't know alot of forms when he came to the US.

is there a big mantis to go along with little mantis?

Yantai, Wah Lum, Da Beng Bu Thread

Shaolinlueb

Check out the above thread, I believe it will shed some light on your question.

I think WL is truly missing the real treasures hidden in a form!

I have heard that Big Mantis is one of the original Wah Lum forms that Lee Kwan Shan taught Chan Poi.

From what I understand, MC only studied a few years with LKS. And, he was a very young child (six-ish). More than likely, a Si-Hing or Chan Wanching taught him his stuff.

Your really going to get 18-Elders going now!