Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emei

I like his longfist book and taiji book, don't know about the bagua...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

The longfist book is excellent

Favorite yang book to date is still comprehensive applications of shaolin chin na however... and Im currently reading the root of chinese qigong. Its a slow read when Im trying to remember everything...

Liang not Yang

The Emei Baguazhang book was written by Liang Shou Yu Shifu and published through Yang Shifu's publishing house.

It is a very good book with a lot of theory in both the esoteric and training drills which many bagua books ignore.

Though in my opinion it is more geared to someone who has some background in Bagua theory and training.

Lots of photos of various masters of Baguazhang.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Thx for the info. I plan on buying both when I have the $$....

I have his QiGong for Martial Arts and Health books as well as his Taiji Sword book (the red one). The only reason why I got the Taiji book was because it was on sale for half off, so I was like "Can't beat that...". When I get my birthday money Im thinking of getting his Chin Na videos.

Edit: Well so much for that freaking plan. I just got my clothes outta the washing machine, apparently my keyless entry for my car broke off and went through the washer, meaning, it doesnt work now. So I got to spend my birthday money and buy a car alarm.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 08-08-2003 at 11:46 PM.
    I have a signature.

Havent seen the vids, but the book is excellent.
    For a while I had excessive $$, but right now im kinda broke.
    Got bills..
    Anyhoo, Thats definately on my "things to buy" list...
    If you do get them, lemme know how they are. I have lots of Dr. Yang books... I have lots of MA books in general... hehehe....

Car alarm?
    Just dont keep expensive sh!t in your car. If someone wants to steal the whole car, the alarm isnt going to do sh!t. Keep cds under seats, remove faces...
    Dont really need car alarm, ft. worth isnt even as bad as down here.... hehe

Mines broke... f*ck it!

Dude, its because Im too lazy to open my freaking door manually. I liked just walking to my car, hitting a button and my car door unlocking by itself.
    I have a signature.

Yeah, mine did that for a while. Then all the doors but the driver door worked. So I said... f*ck it. My alarm sits here in my room. seldom to be used... I go around and open the door for females anyways.

Then all my windows quit working... except on my control panel... So anytime anyone wants a window up or down I have to do it on my door...

car alarms

Did you know that since the introduction of car alarms, there has been no change in the rate of car theft and break ins? They're useless, really.

As for Master Liang, one of the great O-mei masters, you'll find his cover story here. I highly recommend his books on qigong & kung fu. And for a rare one, check out this.

Nobody beats my advertising fu!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene has achieved kung fu in advertising...

"Did you know that since the introduction of car alarms, there has been no change in the rate of car theft and break ins?"

Mines gone off a couple of times, and when I look out front theres always some little buggers by my car... Run outside in my underwear and their gone, probably laughing in the bushes somewhere... d@mn my legal blindness when not wearing contacts... d@mn not sleeping in contacts so I can see the little buggers....

Did you know that since the introduction of car alarms, there has been no change in the rate of car theft and break ins? They're useless, really.
    This is fallacious logic. The rate of car break ins and theft alone does not provide the complete picture. Is the rate of break-ins and theft of cars equipped with car alarms the same as those not so equipped? Does this hold true when other factors are held constant, such as neighborhood, part of country, etc...?

Anyway, not saying they are definitely useful, just that your facts are non sufficient for your argument.

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

I might just buy another keyless entry feature for my car.
    I have a signature.

car alarms

dwid: True, it's entirely possible that the rate of car theft would have increased since the introduction of car alarms and that the alarms have prevented this, keeping it the same. Point well taken. I guess when I heard that, I had so much disdain for car alarms that I just accepted it despite it's faulty logic.

I do like the panic button feature on my key chain that allows me to set off the alarm from a distance. You see, our office window faces our parking lot and there are always these guys putting sales flyers on our windows...

s-d: This may be more fallacious logic, but I bet they just want to see you in your tighty-whities. Maybe other forum members know what your car looks like...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hehe... Im a boxer briefs kinda man.

Makes me irate... Went out neanderthal style last time, toothpaste in my mouth toothbrush in hand yelling unintelligable garble at the top of my lungs....
    hehehe....

Panic buttons are fun, went in the store the other day (before my crappy alarm broke) friend waited in the car... hehe... Apparently its REALLY loud when you're inside the car....