Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emei

All the clubs we go to flyer cars, at one you can see where I park from one of the windows, whenever one of the flyer kids walks near I'll panic button them... then later they'll tell me my alarm is too sensitive, you should see there face when I tell them I don't have an alarm.

On another, on topic note, I went through a couple of moves in the Emei straight sword form I'll be learning, seems pretty bad ass, but I have to learn a new broadsword form first...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

ttt 4 2017

Challenge the cold at Mt. Emei and enjoy more this winter
    China.org.cn, December 25, 2017

A total of 100 "ice warriors" from across China participated in an extreme challenge--Ice and Snow Magic Power--on the Golden Summit of Mt. Emei in Sichuan Province on Dec. 23, 2017. The participants challenged the cold weather in the same clothing and those who stood in the specific posture for the longest time won out. The event, the third edition of its kind, kicked off the 19th Mt. Emei Ice and Snow Hot Spring Festival which will feature a variety of interesting activities, including Emei Wushu performances, ice and snow sports events, spa, gourmet food tours and new snow viewing routes. The Leidongping Ski Resort has been expanded into a 20-hectare ski paradise with a theme park offering packages of parent-child activities. The festival, hosted by Leshan Municipal People's Government, will run for four months. [Photo from CRI/Translated by Zhang Junmian]
    I'll add the fact that the 7th World Traditional Kung Fu Championships were just held here to this thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

tragic

Fitting for today as it is World Suicide Prevention Day.

21-year-old woman jumps to her death on Mount Emei in front of tourists
    Tourists are seen trying to convince the young woman not to kill herself, but can only watch in horror as she leaps backward off the cliff
    by Alex Linder September 5, 2018 in News

On Tuesday, tourists at Sichuan’s Mount Emei watched in horror as a 21-year-old woman leaped off a cliff to her death.

Footage has gone viral on Chinese social media showing tourists trying to convince the distraught young woman not to jump. Instead, they can only shout in dismay as the woman throws herself backward off the cliff.

That night, police confirmed that they had found the woman’s body and that her family had come to claim it. The family told police that the young woman had left behind suicide note in which she wrote that she was suffering from depression.

This tragedy comes after footage went viral back in July of a man unhooking his own safety harness on the infamous cliffside plank path of Shaanxi’s Mount Hua and leaping to his death, leaving fellow tourists stunned. The man’s body was not found until three days later.

Located near to Chengdu, Mount Emei is one of the Four Sacred Buddhist Mountains of China and an extremely popular tourist site. Back in 2015, a suicidal young man also jumped off a cliff at the top of the mountain after stopping a passerby and asking the tourist to take a photo of him.

What to do if someone you know exhibits warning signs of suicide:
    – Do not leave the person alone
    – Remove any sharp objects, alcohol, drugs or firearms that could be used in a suicide attempt
    – Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional
    – Call the following hotlines for help: Lifeline Shanghai: 021-6279-8990 (English speakers; 10am – 10pm daily); HopeLine: 4001619995 (Chinese speakers; 24/7 toll-free access)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart