Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fight scenes

I've watched the bus station grease-fest in "The Transporter" three times today, and I'm ready to make it a top contender, especially in the extended version.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Boy oh boy did "The Bourne Identity" stink. The only question is did it stink like chicken skin left out in the sun, or did it stink like the passed gas of a lactose intolerant person who's been binging on limburgher?
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu

anywho, jackie chan in drunken master when he fights mr kickie man at the end was great. one of the best.
    I think you are referring to 'The Young Master' not 'Drunken Master'?

No, it is Drunken Master 2.. aka The Legend of the Drunken Master.... In the steel mill or wherever..
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Most realistic fight scene ever is at the end of Lolita, when Humbert Humbert fights Quilty; two fat, out-of-shape, middle-aged men wrestling and grunting on the floor, unable to hurt one another until they run out of breath and give up.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I dunno, that shouting match in front of the parents from "The Wedding Banquet" is pretty good...

Anybody seen "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" yet?
    Crippled Avenger

I NEED TO SEE THAT!!!!

O man, selma is so hot....
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

I saw OUTM. It was a dissapointment. Salma is underused. The plot and action warmed over from Desperado, and the plot was stupid.

The only good thing about the movie was J. Depp. He stole every scene he was in and made me laugh out load a few times. Dollar movie materail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Johnny Depp's a fantastic actor. He cracked me up constantly in "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the movie was generally pretty bad. (Although Gareth's wooden eye was nice, too.)

That's more a comedic performance, though. He's great in dramatic roles, too, like in "Donnie Brasco" and "Dead Man." He sure seems to like freakshow roles, though - I wonder how long it'll take for the Coen boys to cast him in something. That seems like a good match to me.
    Crippled Avenger

Great fight in Young Master when the big bad boss gets freed from the wagon he's being transported on and then kicks the crap out of all the guards. Watched it again at the weekend - top rate fight sequence.

As for realism, what's that movie with Hugh Grant in it and he has that fight with the other dude and they end up stumbling through a restaurant and stuff? Someone or other's Diary? Is it that one?

Anyway, that particular fight was brilliant in its realism!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Thumbs up

Depp and the Cohen brothers would be a perfect match.

Bridget Jones' Diary: You are right a realistic fight on film. Much like some of the fights we see posted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.