Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sanda wins

sanda wins

China's sanda team finally won a legit victory over the Thailand's Muay Tai team. 3 wins, 2 losses.

Finally, no crys of cheating by the Chinese. I think the fight was in Thailand since Hong Kong people said it was ref by Thai.

anyone else got any more info on this?

wm

is this the latest one in the series? There have been a lot, and for the most part, people on the teams didn't *****, just the Muay Thai jock riders on the internet forums...

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    is this the latest one in the series? There have been a lot, and for the most part, people on the teams didn't *****, just the Muay Thai jock riders on the internet forums...
    yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team. MT destroyed them. Even the one Sanda team won were ugly and controversial (ref favoring the Chinese team). I am waiting for yahoo to upload the latest edition of guangzhou paper which should give some more details. Finally, Chinese sanda team showing some real improvement.

wm

For those interested in this competition.

4th Sanda Vs Muai Thai Competition
    China sent its national team. I assume Thailand sent its as well.

place: Bangkok, Thailand.

Time: 8/8/2003

5 divisions: 56 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 75 kg.
    rules: modified MT with throws allowed. kick to the balls allowed. no knee to the balls.

5 rounds, 3 min each.

56 kg division: Sanda win by decision in 5th round.
    60 kg division: sanda win by decision in 5 th round.
    65 kg division: MT win by decision in 5th round
    70 kg division: MT win by ref stoppage in 3rd round.
    75 kg division: Sanda win by KO in 2nd round.

Sanda 3: MT 2.

wm

- "yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team" -

Not even close. San Da won most of them, the last one in Macau they DESTROYED the Thai team. Ko'd the Thai with a vicious cross and broke his eyebrow bone.

Just go to www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda for most of the matches coverage

"marvin perry pro muay thai fight" or whatever...
    Whyd ol dude drop like that?

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    - "yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team" -

Not even close. San Da won most of them, the last one in Macau they DESTROYED the Thai team. Ko'd the Thai with a vicious cross and broke his eyebrow bone.

Just go to www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda for most of the matches coverage
    hmm.. Yes, "officially" the Chinese national team won couple of thos matches.

As far I as know, the Chinese refs were favoring the Chinese team in the competition held in Macau. The people on a Hong Kong board who saw the fight had the consensus that the Chinese team did not win. If I remember correctly, one MT fighter even withdrew in protest over the blantant cheating.

Another view on the so-called "Macau Massacre"

**<edit> link deleted b/c a complaint about how visitor's computer was infected with a virus after clicking the link.

and a link on how the Thai got their revenge on the Chinese national team by putting up their best in Bangkok in 2002. With Thai's King in attendance (if I recall right), the Chinese were decimated.

**<edit> link deleted b/c a complaint about how visitor's computer was infected with a virus after clicking the link.

***correction: presently, I can't find evidence to prove that Thailand's king was in attendance. So, I retract that part.

I went to several mainland and hong kong website back in 2002 after the Sanda team was decimated, and the consenus was that the Chinese Sanda team quality was significantly inferior to Thai's MT team.

I also believe that was partially the reason why the Head of Chinese Sanda organization was replaced.

**clarification: the guy who got replace was the head coach of Chinese national sanda team and did run the sanda program. Whether or not he had the title as the "official" head of the organization, I am not sure.

wm
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 08-11-2003 at 09:05 AM.

****, is this **** on video?

****, is this **** on video?
    You can probably order most of them from the guy who run this site.

But, I never did business with him, so I can't vouch for the product quality, speed of delivery, and honesty.

You should probably talk to Gene Ching and see if he knows a vendor which carry it.

wm
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 08-11-2003 at 09:04 AM.

thanks for that website

That website dropped a virus out of it....

Virus?

How?

wm

So what makes MT prevail over San Da as it has? And as for modified MT, what kind of throwing/grappling stuff are they inserting to their training now?

How many techniques are in Muay Thai anyway, what are the eight limbs behind it? What the principle behind generating power? And I concensus it's "street effective", how is it so considering that it lacks takedown, throwing/grappling? Isnt that what sort of most TKD is like, amputated from the grappling aspects? Just wondering...
    Last edited by StickyHands; 08-10-2003 at 04:10 AM.
    Milia Macerusk

Western grappling methods I would assume, not the Shuai Chiao kind in SS.