Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sanda wins

LOL

Interesting threads, gotta check it out -

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessage...=52&FID=23&c=1

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessage...P=9&FID=23&c=1

Has a sweet connection to this forum.

Make sure to read the whole thing.

Best Quotes: "it's so sad and pathetic over there, I find myself trolling just for fun.... "

"let's take a vote here, my next time around with these morons, should I start talking about, and I quote;
    "The devastatingly effective south American martial art of Brazlian Jiu-Jitsu" ....."

"what is truly sad is they have found this thread but yet are still not really in on the joke yet....
    I couldn't resist, I've already twice this morning mentioned the devastatingly effective South American martial art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... "

"the whole forum over there has become an orgy of dillusion and dumb comments, the best being Master Killer's contention that since you tap, you don't really know if an arm bar will ever work... "

LOL.
    Last edited by StickyHands; 08-10-2003 at 03:47 AM.
    Milia Macerusk

I vote for a gangwar.

lol, funny to read. They are just punking the sh!t out of us!

Hey, and I spotted WD there!

StickyHands you didnt point out that most of the posts against this forum on the links are from someone who posts on this forum alot.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

LOL, that's for you guys to go and find out. Im not trying to put a spotlight on certain people here, Im only sharing with you guys cuz I found it hillarious when I happend to stumble upon it.

I found the link through reading this thread about Muay Thai -

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=24244
    Last edited by StickyHands; 08-10-2003 at 06:34 AM.
    Milia Macerusk

Well I have to say the guy in question has gone down in my opinion.

Sad to say that I used to think he had somthing to say but it turns out hes just a kung fu hateing bore who ADMITS to trolling for fun on this forum.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Hey don't shoot me here, but my trainer uses the terms sanda and sanshou like as if it is the same sport, I take he's right since he's done it for quite a while. He calls it 'sport fighting', which is correct. I just wanne make sure, not that I doubt him, but is sanda sanshou, only .. without protections like in sanshou ? I'm curious...
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Tzu, what you're saying, how the helk is that anyway relevant to the new direction of the topic or for the old one? lol.

As for Liokault, here, more treats: http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessage...=29&FID=23&c=1

This one gets the props :

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessage...=22&FID=23&c=1

Last edited by StickyHands; 08-10-2003 at 03:26 PM.
    Milia Macerusk

Just the topic says sanda, and it was originally about sanda fights... What's wrong with you dude, have I insulted you with the 'gay' post or something ? Let me say it again, I do not have a problem with gay people ... don't be so **** offended jeez, you are whatever you want to be

Originally posted by TzuChan
    Hey don't shoot me here, but my trainer uses the terms sanda and sanshou like as if it is the same sport, I take he's right since he's done it for quite a while. He calls it 'sport fighting', which is correct. I just wanne make sure, not that I doubt him, but is sanda sanshou, only .. without protections like in sanshou ? I'm curious...
    Hi TzuChun,

Although this topic has evolve into something else, I'll try to answer your question.

short answer: it is the same thing.

Long answer:

PRC government used the term, San-shou, to destinate Sports sparring. But, recently (about one to two years ago), it decided to change the official name to San-Da. The word "shou" (which means hand in chinese) was replace with "da" (which mean hit). The logic was with gloves on, the chin-na techniques cannot be executed and you can only strike/hit. So, "da" was more suitable.

wm

Oh no no, pardon eee moa Tzu, I just assumed that you'd have common knowledge of San Da or San Shou being the same thing or sort. About the gay thing, lol, was that another attempt to redeem yourself for your linguistic disablities? It's ok Tzu, Im sure that kid who was feeling on your ass for wallet wasn't g@y, and Im sure you didnt like his touch either.
    Milia Macerusk

Thanks Monk

Funny how guys who can't punch their way out of a wet paper bag are suddenly experts on fighting...

"Crane69" is well known for one being a jock rider and two posting horribly inaccurate descriptions of the fights, he's a traditional guy and like many of the zombies on here wants to say bad things about the real fighting art of San Da

How can you say the victory is suspect when you KNOCK THE GUY OUT AND BREAK A BONE IN HIS FACE

I am really waiting to see the answer to that one....

Crane69 talked all sorts of crap about the fights in Thailand UNTIL THE TAPE CAME OUT.... suddenly people saw the fights and realized he was an @ss...

Even the Muay Thai guys on MMA.tv said they thought the matches were close

I also love his "conspiracy theory" on why the Chinese guys won...

lkfmdc, catch pride fighting last night?

I actually caught it by surprise, forgot it was on but was up late and flipping around the channels and there is was. Mostly good matches....

Gotta say, I enjoyed it
    Makes me want to fight more contact... all except the excessively cauliflowered ears....

Wanderleigh had a real nice 1,2..... Thought that polish dude was gonna have neck trauma after the round house to the head...