Thread: How can I see if I have fat ?

How can I see if I have fat ?

yes strange question, everybody has fat blabla. But I mean, how can I measure how much bodyfat I have ? I read or heared something about 13% being good, and 8% being top athlete but not too healthy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

How can I measure it myself with primitive tools ? I really don't have any special tools too measure. Don't know how either. All I can say is if I grab my skin, and press it against eachother I have about 1cm skin/fat between my fingers(a little less), on the gut etc... On my pecks almost nothing to grab onto.

I'm trying to find out, cause I want that bottom row of abs to friggin show through lol

Ow stupid question : Is it even possible to have your abs to show through ALL the time, without making any effort ? Just wondering, and let's take a case where genetically you don't have a disadvantage.
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Caliper measurements are probably the easiest way to go.

I worked with this data set in a statistics course, and density from underwater weighing had much more leverage than any of the other measurements.

I think I had some equations that used just the simple measurements though. I'm pretty sure I have the files. If I find them you could plug in your measurements and see how it checks out.

There are also some calculators online, like this one, but they aren't very accurate: http://dellis.com/pages/calc/men/men.htm

I think Ironfist said you can see your abs at 8%.

only 1 cm? That should'nt be a problem. I have around 0,5 cm (& less..) around there, and my abs are showing. Should'nt take that much time to have that.

-cz