Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Single Technique

No competition, just the straight combat stuff.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Your favorite/best~ technique. This will show you that there is more than you might have thought to being good at something.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

100 days of a single technique sounds cool, but you run the risk of a repetitive stress injury.

Stacey Guest
    boxers typically repeat a combo...for personal combat....pick a few techniches and work the **** out of your basics. Your super technique might not have the desired effect and he might be open for a kick to the head, but since you spend three months neglecting your kicks, its telegraphed, you rip your groin and he breaks your knee....

Since you don't compete, I wouldn't worry about focusing on one technique, for the very reason that stacey stated... if you only have that one thing mastered, then end up in a fight and that tech doesn't work, then you've voluntarily rendered yourself shi!t outta luck...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Easy Choice.

Just pick any move that involves putting your thumbs into your opponents eyes.

You will probably find that many techniques can follow that one very nicely

Or maybe you can spend the next 100 days developing a front kick that can split a dude vertically in two.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    "...but since you spend three months neglecting your kicks, its telegraphed, you rip your groin and he breaks your knee...."-Stacey

Not every opening is an opportunity. If you have to go passed ease to execute a technique, then you put yourself at increased risk-ish. Merely don't go for the openings you cannot easily close. If you hadn't been training it perhaps you have the sense to be aware that you might not do it good enough and will look for opportunities at places the techniques you can execute reasonablly well without you hurting you can be done.

Trying for every opportunity is a desperate act. It is a dog chaseing it's tail. Or swatting at flys you can see or hear with a ten~ pound (weight) hammer or ice axe. Something like, perhaps-ish.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com