Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever do anything with Kundalini?

Anyone ever do anything with Kundalini?

I'm reading "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master" by Glenn Morris right now and he's talking about some CRAZY stuff involved with Kundalini energy. Have any of you worked with it before (I don't know how to phrase that question)?

And what are the dangers of doing so? He said some person went through 20 years of hell or something before she got it under control, but I've only read the first 45 pages or so so I don't really know the whole story (maybe he mentions more later).

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I did ALOT of work with it in meditation and also the Middle Pillar if you are familiar with that. The problem with kundalini is that it is different from other types of meditative energy work in that once you get it going, it doesnt stop when you stop the practice. It only stops when the momentum of your practice has worn off. And this is a great concern because with kundalini you absolutely must be in a very calm, centered frame of mind, have an intensely positive self image and be in a very grounded place in your life. Why? Because like i said, kundalini will continue to move even after your meditation is over. So when your mind is back to its normal focus on stress, frustration, greed, anger and all the other negativity found throughout the day your kundalini is still with you, rising and following you through all that negativity.

For me, this led to some of the most terrible suffering of my life. Extremely irrational and intense anxiety attacks, wild delusions of grandeur and painful and irritating feelings of vibrations and burning in my lower spine that lasted for days were but some of the most memorable experiences. Kundalini is dangerous, even those skilled in its use will tell you that there are much better and safer methods of attaining spiritual development. I did have some positive attainments from kundalini work but to me it was a phyrric victory. In the end my conclusion was this, kundalini work is a very quick and powerful method of attainment but without a skilled teacher the risks are too great. There are many other methods that are safer and just as effective.

hmmm

Kundalini is a genuine Indian practice of energy cultivation, but from the sounds of it I would not take to heart too much of what that book says.
    If its root is in Japanese culture why does it refer to a practice which is not indigenous to it's own? Why doesn't it speak of Ki cultivation?
    I think the book you are reading is a little supsect, because the truth is, is that when you enter into energy work you gotta sort the wheat from the chaff and for that you need a good master to teach you.

There is no book that will teach this stuff.
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 08-14-2003 at 05:37 AM.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Find the book "Kundalini Equation" by Steven Barnes. It's out of print but not hard to find at all. It is fiction but a lot of it jives with other information i've read on kundalini meditation/work. If nothing else, it's a helluva read. Kinda scary and maybe a cautionary statement on the practice.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

hmmm

this still doesn't explain the link between JMA and Vedice esoteric disciplines.

I have seen many people go crazy or just plain weird after doing Kundalini. It can be dangerous.

You wrote American ninja. I don't think any more explanation is needed.

hmmmm

Thats not just for Kundalini practice, that can be for energy work.

Haven't done the work, but there is a fascinating book out there that I've read called "Kundalini," by Gopi Ramakrishnan. I always thought that there was a parallel between Kundalini energy rising through the spine, and the Brain/Bone marrow washing exercises of Chi Kung, which also call for you to raise energy through your spine to the crown shakra. Kind of independant confirmation of the same physical/psychic phenomenon.

Originally posted by chen zhen
    I have seen many people go crazy or just plain weird after doing Kundalini. It can be dangerous.
    Can you elaborate, please?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

well ironfist i thought i gave a decent description of some of the negative side effects.

if what you say is true shuul vis, then that would explain alot.
    care to share other findings , if any on kundalini.

Everything i said is true. I think it sucks that people are so interested in things like kundalini and think to themselves that they are going to actually practice the methods to raise it very diligently and then when someone gives real experiences they have had with it, they just laugh it off. For a large portion of my life i have lived near and had contact with the people of New Vrindavin, a very large hindu community built in the appalacian mountains near where i was born. Many people from the community have studied kundalini and many other meditation methods both there and in India. Numerous gurus from many different factions of hinduism have visited there and given lectures and seminars. These people have helped point me in the right direction with these practices so i do have some idea what im saying about it, but i am in no way an authority on the subject of kundalini. Basically all i have to say about it is the experiences i posted earlier and that it is a very potent and risky method of attainment considering that there are many safer methods available.

Good subject.... I sometimes think Glenny suffers what TCM calls "fire in the brain"... Almost everything he did, he did wrong, IMO. His method to getting it was simply running the micro orbit until something ripped up his spine. DANGEROUS. He did not do muscle/tendon change, nor did he do the macro orbit or the 8 extraordinary channels.

Within neigong, the equivalent of Kundalini is Marrow/Brain Washing (Shi Swei) when chi is brought through the water path in the spine to the upper dan tien, versus the fire path which is used in the basic micro orbit.

Kundalini Yoga is very unrefined compared to Qigong, and is indeed dangerous to practice, especially as I have seen it taught in the US or Europe. What Yogi Bhajan teaches is not the real thing.

Re: Anyone ever do anything with Kundalini?

Originally posted by IronFist

And what are the dangers of doing so? He said some person went through 20 years of hell or something before she got it under control, but I've only read the first 45 pages or so so I don't really know the whole story (maybe he mentions more later).

IronFist
    Going psycho, endocrine problems, getting locked into a trance (permanently), death.