Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever do anything with Kundalini?

kundalini? some off as s form of meditation? how does it differ form normal meditation?

Hmm, so what's a safer alternative?

Do any alternatives have the same positive benefits? (like superior health, psychic-type stuff, etc.)

Shuul Vis, your first post was very informative, I just wanted chen zhen to elaborate.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I'm serious fellas, read that book. I believe it gives a pretty accurate depiction of getting in too deep and just barely getting control at the end. and a helluva good read.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by Oso
    Find the book "Kundalini Equation" by Steven Barnes. It's out of print but not hard to find at all. It is fiction but a lot of it jives with other information i've read on kundalini meditation/work. If nothing else, it's a helluva read. Kinda scary and maybe a cautionary statement on the practice.
    That book? It's fiction. Um, can you really learn a lot from a fiction book?

IronFist

To Ironfist:
    If its the "psychic stuff" you are interested in developing, which is what i think attracts most people including myself to kundalini anyway, look into the much safer and easier methods of zazen and shikantaza which are Zen Buddhism meditation practices. These are very easy to understand and perform correctly, unlike kundalini, yet will provide results quickly. Both methods are extremely simple and require daily practice with continuous enthusiasm, but will provide the results you are looking for. Look into these two practices, kundalini isnt worth the hassle man, seriously.

Shuul Vis, the psychic stuff would be cool, but I'm actually more interested in the "not getting sick anymore" stuff. I tend to get sick a lot and I'd like to not get sick anymore.

But I wouldn't say no to some cool psychic stuff either.

IronFist

IF, if you don't read it you won't know will you? suit yourself, though.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Hi Ironfist,

All branches of Yoga are different paths to the same goal. That being said, while other Yogis will walk the path, Kundalini Yoga is the equivalent of taking a bus. Unfotunately, much like taking a bus in real life, you run the risk of showing up at the destination far too early.

"Enlightenment" creates an amplification of the practitioner on the mental and spiritual levels. For most Yogis the mental amplification isn't of great concern because they've spent years reducing their ego (as well as their mental reactions to stimuli in the world around them) nearly to zero. Unfortunately, Kundalini Yoga doesn't necessarily give a person time to prepare their mind for that "amplification". So a person who's prone to get angry will might start flying off the handle and become physically violent more often, and a sad person might sink into depression. For anyone who wants Kundalini merely for the "powers" that come with it, expect delusions of invincibility, as well as an outcome so different from what was expected that the person might appear "crazy". But I can assure you, any negative results derived from Kundalini Yoga are strictly the fault of the practitioner (who is often ill-informed), and not the fault of the system. There is no magic pill that gives "magic powers" to a person who wants them for their soul benefit (and that's all anyone seems to want it for).

That being said, if you're looking to stay healthy, read "The Spiritual Science of Kriya Yoga" by Goswami Kriyananda. However, this book would only be good if you're looking to stay healthy while moving toward attaining the Kundalini rising. If you're really ONLY looking to stay healthy, there are far easier ways than through this book.

hmmm

In fact to be honest the equivalent in Qi Gong is to just raise the Shen.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Actually you should read the book I recommended, since it is non-fictional and written by someone who actually went through the experience. He recounted that even in India, it was extremely difficult to find someone who actually knew what they were talking about w/respect to this. Basically you create an energy path from your balls up through your spine that feeds your brain. The author ended up with visions and eventually claimed to have written poetry in human languages he had never heard in his life. If true, it would be like making your brain like a radio tower that picked up signals from the human collective consciousness.

The book is a great read, will set you trippin' without the use of psycholdelics.

Middle Pillar

Hi, Shuul Vis:

I heard Israel Regardie stated that it is necessary to work with the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram for a year before starting Middle Pillar, is this true?

Also, is it necessary to vibrate the God-names out loud? I don't like having to freak out my family members.

Thanks.
    Last edited by _William_; 08-15-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Oso said:
    IF, if you don't read it you won't know will you? suit yourself, though.

Relax. I'll check it out at Borders.

Marky said:
    (the bus analogy)

Cool, that made sense.

That being said, if you're looking to stay healthy, read "The Spiritual Science of Kriya Yoga" by Goswami Kriyananda. However, this book would only be good if you're looking to stay healthy while moving toward attaining the Kundalini rising. If you're really ONLY looking to stay healthy, there are far easier ways than through this book.

What would be a "far easier way?"

fa_jiing said:
    Actually you should read the book I recommended,

I'll check that one out at Borders, too.

IronFist

I wasn't tense about it. Otherwise I would have said something like:

Hey...you ****whit, read the goddamed book.

anyway, here's a link to the author's website. The title is out of print but I seem to be able to find it rather often in used book stores. If you can't find a copy PM me and I'll send you a copy, free.

http://www.lifewrite.com/lifewriting_bookstore.htm

and Steven's other books are dang good as well.

I had never heard of kundalini till this book. read it. got scared. did a little research and non-fiction sources paralleled the book.
    so, imo, the author at least did some good research if not had some first hand experience.

cast not yee doubt upon sci-fi, sometimes it's just carefully disguised truth.

No. Her dad didn't like me so she had to stop seeing me.

surprised no one thought of that one already

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 01:13 PM.