Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Did You Do In Class Today?

By the way, text me if you do sort out a get together as I'm on here very infrequently these days.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Will do.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    The Crippled Avenger forgot to mention that he caught me twice in free wrestling with inner leg hooking. Oh yeah, he takes the Iron Broom like a man
    Well, two throws versus the twenty or so undignified landings in the grass seemed hardly worth mentioning. (And for the record, I'd like to state that those stances still makes my legs weep for mercy.)

The Iron Broom was pretty f_cking sweet, though. You throw ****ed hard for an old man.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Stances, stances, stances.

Then a form followed by 10 pushups. About 15 forms total so a nice set of 150 pushups.

Ended the class with some sparring drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Methinks sparring is tonight.... teeheee.... fills me with joy.
    2 hours of sparring, then heavy drinking. Possibly.... wait a minute... goin out of town tonight.

Gonna go camp at the river and drink... hmm.... It feels like a rum night. Maybe jack.... just maybe...

hehe, Now you know what the phrase "Northern Legs" really means. It has nothing to do with kicks
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Last night I assisted at kid's class. Got two new kids who were really adept - went over stances, basic footwork and pivoting, and touched on plum blossom handwork.

working with the midgets means 45 minutes in low stances for me. bonus!

then jumped rope for a while and did some of my forms at home

I gave up trying to hold threads together serpent.

Ok last night our teacher wasnt there so we just sparred the whole time and did some awareness drills. It was pretty boring actually, but a decent workout from the extreme heat. This saturday im going to a seminar with the supposed grandmaster of the system, R.A. Greenlee. I cant find anything about him online but that can be a good thing. Ill let everyone know how it goes and what he teaches.

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    This saturday im going to a seminar with the supposed grandmaster of the system, R.A. Greenlee. I cant find anything about him online but that can be a good thing. Ill let everyone know how it goes and what he teaches.
    SV I found this website that mentioned Greenlee. It's in Columbus. Do you train there?

http://www.mastermatt.com/shaolintiger.html

Let me know what you think about Greenlee.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yeah judge thats him, and mollica is who im studying with at the moment. Its not the style of my choice but they were decent and very close to my house so i decided to train there for the time being. It keeps me in shape and is teaching me long range fighting which, being a long time wing chun practitioner, im not very familiar with so thats good. Also he is very good at shuai chiao and im happy to learn from someone with the credentials he has in the style, even though its not my first choice. Id rather be learning Hsing Yi or furthering my wing chun but i cant find any good teachers of either around columbus. There are a few id like to check out but havent yet.

Ill let you know how Greenlee turns out.

I thought it was interesting how they guy had 70 forms and then condensed the moves he liked down to 24 and then in a basic set of 6 or something. Interesting adaptation. Any idea of what the original 70 consisted of?

went over some set sparring, got to play dummy for our instructor showing us takedowns (gee that was fun) and threw in a bit of free sparring just for sh*ts and giggles. two hours well spent.
    I do kung fu btw
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."