Thread: Drill Books

Drill Books

In bjj, a few of us keep logs of what we worked in class - what drills we can do to work those techniques, training notes, etc.
    I'm wondering who else does this, and how is it helping you so far?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

No I don't. I always thought it would be a good idea, but during the session I'm usually on my head, or getting beaten round it, and after the session I'm usually too hyped up, chilled out, unconscious or sweat-soaked to be able to write!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I would, if I had more training-time, and was a bigger MA nerd.

Hey SevenStar,

One of my old roommates worked at Copy Cop (Kinko's type shop), so we made about 10 copies of the Fighter's Notebook that MMA.tv sells. After a class, I'd find the technique we went over in the fighter's notebook and make some quick notes about execution and drills in the margins of the pages. I'd then move that page to a new notebook, so I had my own little "fighter's notebook" filled technqiues and things I've learned and practiced.

Originally posted by Mat
    No I don't. I always thought it would be a good idea, but during the session I'm usually on my head, or getting beaten round it, and after the session I'm usually too hyped up, chilled out, unconscious or sweat-soaked to be able to write!
    Same here. I write them down the next day. Another thing that helps is retention. In grappling, you will literally work hundreds to thousands of techniques. It's real easy to forget them if you aren't constantly drilling them. That's where writing things down comes in handy.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yeah, that's my other problem with it...

I train every day-ish and I work a lot, and I'm trying to become completely fluent in another language as well as writing for a hobby... so next day writing down usually isn't an option.

To be honest, if it's not in my muscle memory, I'm not very good at RingTFM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan