Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IronFist needs a new weight lifting program

Hey, no telling secrets. I want to see, too!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by IronFist

Cool, but I didn't see anything about when to increase the weights each workout, or how much to increase them by, or anything else along these lines.

IronFist
    The system goes by intensity instead of weight. Lets you listen to your body above all else.

the intensity scale is from 5 (warmup) 10 (grueling)

5 intensity is using a weight that you know will activate your muscle fibers but is still easy to do above 12 reps.

6 is what ever weight makes you work harder but you can still do 10 reps.

and so on

9 and 10 are intensities your muscles are seriously yelling at you. You should be about complete failure on the last rep of the 10 intensity (your superset).

Generally I go up whenever I don't feel like I am reaching failure on my last set. 10-20lbs up on double arm/leg exercises 5lbs on single.

Remember it's about listening to your own body and keeping a log of it all.
    I take a Neutral Stance with the Martial Arts. Then I chain punch.

"the power of the tigress is the leopard in the spiritual" Sifu Andy-sensei as quoted by Mega_Fist

I meant mongoloid... look it up, stupid. bodhitree to Mega_Fist

Ironfist-

This is in response to another thread of yours where you talked about getting sick alot. Based on reading a number of your posts relating to your diet (TV dinners), I think you would do well to educate yourself more about diet, organic food, and eating for HEALTH as opposed to muscle development. Some sources I would encourage you to check out are the books 1)Mad Cowboy, the 2) Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity, 3) Chi Kung- the Way of Power, and 4) the website rawfoods.com (click on the articles section).- enjoy

nothingness,

Thanks for the advice. I try to eat a lot of "healthy" food, and vegetables and fruits and stuff. I just use Hungry Man dinners as supplements

I'll check out your recommendations.

IronFist

Taking a B-complex multivitamin and drinking more orange juice will clear up about 90% of what causes frequent illness in most people.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I take GNC's megamen vitamin, which has tons of all the B vitamins in it. And I love orange juice, but not the kind with the pulp in it.

IronFist

Originally posted by IronFist
    And I love orange juice, but not the kind with the pulp in it.

IronFist
    That just means you're a right-thinking human being. My mother likes the orange juice you eat witha spoon. I maintain that this is a sign of madness.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn