Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: what's wrong with my PC?

OT: what's wrong with my PC?

Thursday I was able to listen to my MP3s, and now I can't!! all weekend, my sound has been screwed. I can hear my cd player, but not the mp3s, avis or flash games. What's going on?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Sounds like either your Soundcard went or that you need to re-install some sound drivers/software.

What you using to listen to the MP3's and similar.
    Witty signature under construction.

Double click on your volume control panel see if your wave setting is down or muted.

What program are you using to listen to your mp3s?

Check the volume settings in that.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

burn your old comp and put a new one on k's shopping list.

(along with more string cheese)
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

if you'd stop pounding on it like a neanderthal every time it unexpectedly beeps you wouldn't have these problems.
    where's my beer?

Angry

I hate computers! When this is obsolete I will drag it out to the woods and ax it up!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    if you'd stop pounding on it like a neanderthal every time it unexpectedly beeps you wouldn't have these problems.
    you're probably right...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

actually my suggestions were taken so i figured i might as well take the opportunity to be a smartass.

it's got to be the volume settings or drivers. your sound card could be shi ttin out, but it would be really wierd that it would work otherwise. have you recently installed anything new around the time this started happening?
    where's my beer?

The same thing happened to my friend and he died 7 days later.

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    actually my suggestions were taken so i figured i might as well take the opportunity to be a smartass.

it's got to be the volume settings or drivers. your sound card could be shi ttin out, but it would be really wierd that it would work otherwise. have you recently installed anything new around the time this started happening?
    Nah, haven't installed a thing. I'm gonna reseat the sound card and maybe re-install the drivers.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    his hard drive crashed, huh?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

LOL.

Even LOL'er!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

lol ... yeah shuul definitely one upped me there.

yeah ... i been brain dead ... reseating and switching slots are good ideas man.
    where's my beer?

Sevenstar,
    no man, my friend went into convulsions and died. I know it was because of the sound problems on his computer. Think about it man, 100% of all people who have sound problems on thier computer die. Its true, prove me wrong.