I have read the topic discussions on the attitude and visual manner of approaching confrontations. Another area I thought that might be interesting to discuss is the best wording to use in a confrontation. I am generally not a person to throw the first punch, unless in extreme situations. I believe that almost all confrontations can be resolved with the correct wording during the confrontation. I don;t believe telling the agressor that "I'm really sorry, and don;t want to fight" is going to help at all, unless your were born with an elastic band as a back bone... but I also think that telling the agressor "listen buddy, you are in real trouble if you mess with me" sounds really corny and if I were the agressor I'd probably laugh at the guy and hit him anyway. I find that alot of people stop there martial arts training at the physical ability aspect, where as the mental and verbal ability are initially as important. Obviously your stature and appearence play a large role, but often more so is the words you choose. I have a couple ideas on the wording during confrontations, but I just wanted to get some feed back from you guys. I'll post my idea's later.

One must learn how to fight, in order to learn how not to fight!