Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Tattoo

Thumbs up Your Kung Fu Tattoo.

I have this cool Yin Yang Tat on the back of my right calf.(about the size of a silver dollar)
    It started to fade, so I had the black filled in a little.
    Yeah I must say it's lookin gooooood.

Any other tats out there, or plans on getting one?
    Honest Neutral Clarity

hmmm...i don't have any tats but I would like to get a small chinese dragon on my left shoulder blade just left of my spine.

I had thought of getting the chinese character 'crane' on my shoulder but...i was told many many times by some close friends of mine that that is 'lo to' meaning old fashioned, out of date so i think i have ditched that idea for now.

Lo To huh? Go for it, ******...my chinese friends always tell me "we chinese blah blah"...I go "what?? You gotta be kidding me, I sweat and suffer more to preserve a part of chinese culture more than you ever will".
    Chinese born overseas are totally overlooking their root culture, I think it's a shame...I'm happy that they are mixing well in western societies, but if it means forgetting or looking down on some cultural treasures they could have, then it's a shame. Anyway, just a rant to tell you that if you want to do it, then do it, it's not old fashion, it's traditional :-)
    As for myself, I have a phoenix tattooed on my left shoulder blade.
    I definitely plan to get another one, covering either my other shoulder blade, or the rest of my back...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Got alot of non-martial arts tatoos, but i want to put my class logo on my back, as soon as i feel im good enough.

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

I'm one of the billions of people with chinese symbols on my back. I didn't just pick them out at a tattoo shop, I'd had them in my head since i was like 10. I know it's the trendy thing to do these days, but it's ok I like mine I also have a pretty cool rampant lion on my left shoulder. I've been contemplating getting one that says 'john barleycorn must die' for about a year, but i don't think that is ever going to happen really. My friend is gonig to get Ralph from the simpson or mighty mouse. Tattoos seem to be a pretty touchy subject because everyone has very diffiering ideas. I also like those dark tribal ones you see on every college kids arm.
    I am nothing.

I am thinking about getting a tatoo of Kuan Ti on my right arm or back of shoulder. It is going to cost a grip to get it done right though.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I have a toatoo of the kanji for strength on my left arm, and grace on the back of my right shoulder.

Looking for a new tatoo, thinking about getting a star of david.

Some big black bars (taoist wards against ghosts) on either side of my back running about 2/3 top to bottom, a big bagua with a chinese demon face in the center with a sword in its mouth in the center of my lower back (all black and gray). Another taoist symbol on my left forearm. Semi-related, a very stylized rendition of my chinese zodiac (rabbit) based loosely on the character blackavar from watership down - the coolest rabbit ever. Finally, a lotus in a pool on my chest, surrounded by the heart sutra mantra in sanskrit. Luckily, I have a lot of tattoo artist friends, so these tats haven't completely put me in the poor house. Eventually, I want a thousand armed avalokiteshvara to take up the rest of my back. My friend who I'm always trying to talk into taking this design on as a challenge insists that if we did it, we'd have to do all 1,000 arms. Oh joy.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

On a related note, if you ever get a kanji tattoo, be sure you get the kanji from a reliable source before presenting it to the artist. Lots of the kanji appearing now on random household items often totally don't mean what they say they do. Case in point, a friend of mine was given a coffee mug that was supposed to have his name in kanji. His brother, who also was given a mug with what was supposed to be his name on it had the exact same symbol on his mug. It was probably the kanji equivalent of "sucker."
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

yeah i have a dragon on my arm. got it back when i was way into dragon part of wu xing chuan,5 animals. got the image out of a 5 animal masters book from hong kong. i forget i have the **** thing most of the time. don;t regret it though.

I have a yin/yang (Taiji) on my left bicep but its kind of distorted with edges, like a buzz saw. Its also surrounded by traibal polynesian waves.

I'm over it. Got it when I was a studid teenager. I want to go over it with a landscape scene. I'm going to wait till next winter so I can surf this summer and not sweat it.

If I could go back I wouldn't have gotten it, but since I did I will just evelove it oevr time to express my current self.

If the yin-yang is all filled in, you're going to be hard pressed to cover it up. The more black space in a tattoo, the harder it is to come up with an effective cover-up design.

I have the Chinese characters for "Freedom"
    tattooed on my right arm just below the shoulder.

It's symbolic in that it was done by a good friend and former roommate in our kitchen (with a tat gun, not the ol' ink n' needle method), and it was done just before my roomies and I moved from Chicago to Santa Cruz...

It's "just another word for nothin' left to lose..."
    "The best way to do is to be"
    ---Lao Tzu

One of my uncle's is an artist, and the other is a tatooist. My artist uncle is working on an armband for me. The idea is a western dragon biting the tail of an eastern dragon biting the western dragon's tail circling around my left arm at the biceps level. It usually takes my uncle about a year or so to do a piece though so I think I'll be waiting for a bit.

My other tatt is going to cost me $450 (had it priced yesterday!) so I think I'll be waiting a bit for that one too as I'm too poor to even train at the moment. When I get them done I'll post some pics of them. The second tatt is going on my left shoulder and is a werewolf using bong sao/straight punch simultaneously, but he's wearing torn punching wraps (in memory of my beloved Muay Thai days).

Can't hardly wait, but I have to.
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

hmmm... a friend of mine just said it could be bad luck if u get the a tattoo thats not right for u or in the wrong place...any thoughts?