Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agression

Agression

What part does agression play in winning a fight?
    S.Teebas

It is hard to fight without agressive moves.Agression can be seen as determination. You can also have a potential agressor change his mind by looking non affraid of him!...

Hey Old Jong,
    That guy was on Ripley's Believe it or not.....lol.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

That'll work on me.
    I take a Neutral Stance with the Martial Arts. Then I chain punch.

"the power of the tigress is the leopard in the spiritual" Sifu Andy-sensei as quoted by Mega_Fist

I meant mongoloid... look it up, stupid. bodhitree to Mega_Fist

Phil!...

I magine that guy staring down his opponent before a boxing match!.... But to keep this thread on tracks...I see agression (as applied to martial arts) as an powerful and effective use of technique.You could be as calm as possible inside at the same time.

Well, you're either attacking or defending. I'd rather be attacking.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I think aggression may be being missused. Aggresion is nice but can actually get you in trouble. Being vicious on the other hand makes a huge difference in a fight. Some mistake viciousness for aggressiveness.

Some mistake viciousness for aggressiveness.
    What's the difference?
    S.Teebas

good question. Ill try to answer with a simple example. You are in a bar drinking a beer. Someone seems to be starting trouble with you. You sense he has bad intention your first instinct is to attack with chain punch etc. This is aggressive. You first move is to smack him across the head with a beer bottle. This is vicious.

You first move is to smack him across the head with a beer bottle. This is vicious.
    Sounds efficent to me
    S.Teebas

I'm not sure the law would see it as effective. IMO The best aggression is that that puts your opponent on the defensive, gives you the initiative, and finishes it in the shortest time with minimum injury to you or him.

Beer bottle if he's looking like he can take you then...
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Funny.

Originally posted by hunt1
    good question. Ill try to answer with a simple example. You are in a bar drinking a beer. Someone seems to be starting trouble with you. You sense he has bad intention your first instinct is to attack with chain punch etc. This is aggressive. You first move is to smack him across the head with a beer bottle. This is vicious.
    That was funny!

One shot to the neck would do also. SAAT GENG SAU!!!!
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

hunt1,

I think aggression may be being missused. Aggresion is nice but can actually get you in trouble. Being vicious on the other hand makes a huge difference in a fight. Some mistake viciousness for aggressiveness.
    Having been on the receiving end of a bottle twice, I can tell you first hand it is not a vicious attack.

While intercepting a bottle with your skull when the assailant gets you from behind is definitely a first step down the road to viciousness, its still relative child's play. Some yokel in a bar thinking he's going to have some perverse fun because he's bored is not vicious.

Vicious is stalking a guy for weeks afterwards. Vicious is using the newfound handle made by shoving a thumb in an eye socket to lever a guy and bounce him off a fire hydrant repeatedly. Vicious is going after a guy's friends in the same way just because they made the bad choice to be the guy's friend.

Being vicious is about being evil. It is inherently without remorse or any semblance of morals. Once started, it is relentless. True viciousness is pure yin. The yang of aggression is pure "monkey dance."

Do you know what the ultimate vicious act would be to a person who attacked you? Getting him to become your friend. Nothing is more vicious than getting him to wish he never met you that way and having him try to make it up to you.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

What's the difference?
    Per Random House Dictionary:

AGGRESSION n 1. an unprovoked attack, or invasion. 2. offensive action in general 3. hostile behavior esp. associated with frustration

VICIOUS adj 1. addicted to or characterized by vice 2. given to evil 3. spiteful or maliciious 4. savage or ferocious 5. unpleasantly severe

Gandolf should have just had you answer. Exactly what my poor example was trying to illustrate. Offensive action vs savage and unpleasantly severe.