Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got some KFQ mag lovin'

Finally got some KFQ mag lovin'

Okie, I ordered 7 back issues of KFQ magazine and just received them today here in sunny Panama...

Man I only have one thing to say: WHY THE HELL DON'T WE HAVE STUFFS LIKE THAT IN FRANCE???
    The only good TMA magazine is dead and we are left with mags that deal with anything ranging from TMA to movies in poor articles or with phony stuffs, or two good pages among 100...

what a luck TCMA in the US have for being able to put their hands on a whole magazine featuring only TCMA (quite serious as well, most of the articles I have read so far were very good, and serious)...

Anyway Gene, just wanted to share that with you...I wish I could find it in some libraries in France...the issues were great and very enjoyable...

*over and out*
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Thanks for the props!

It's really gratifying to hear that we are reaching Panama and France through you. Thanks for your support!

Remember everyone, many of our back issues are still available. Get them before the rest sell out!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

My pleasure Gene...

My post is stuffed with clumsiness and some errors (bookstores, not librairies ggggrrrrrr) but it's all KFQ mag's fault, it kept most of my neurons turned towards it while I was typing hehehehehhe

Great mag, I guess it's the best on the subject available in the US, if I remember the two-three issues of *cough cough* International KF I stumbled upon ages ago *shivers from the memories*

Long live KFQ (and the babes posing for the uniforms too hahahahahaha)
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Just got some back issues...
    ebay, gotta love it.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

spread the love...

It's really gratifying to hear you all are into the back issues. Thanks for supporting us. It's also gratifying to hear you enjoy the babes. It gives us something to shoot beyond old Chinese guys...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

don't get me wrong Gene, I bought them for the old chinese guys wielding pointy and sharp piece of metal stories LOL
    But it's true that the adorable models definitely add icing to the cake

BTW, a little question while I'm at it...Gene, do you guys at martialartsmart one day intend to sell a decent lungchuan bagua dao (you know, the oversized model)?
    Most of the bagua dao available online, if not all, are the flimsy stupid wushu aluminum crap. The one at cold steel look terrific, but they're not that big (just a little larger version of the regular dao). There definitely is market for such a piece if the quality is there...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Coming back from the thread about the new issue...

Thanks for dropping the name of the enchanting, breathtaking and other-suitable-epitets(sp?)-my-limited-english-cannot-come-up-with Tammy...

ooowww believe me in French I could write volumes of dithyrambic poems...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

babes and bagua

As for the Bagua sword, maybe. The dragon well (lungchuan) weapons that we sell now do pretty well, even the taijidao which has a pretty limited audience, so I'll suggest the bagua dao next chance I get. No promises. A lot depends on what other new products we are working on at the time. Our kung fu clients tend to get a little myopic since our arts are so secular. And www.martialartsmart.com must make money, so more of our energy is devoted towards new products like belt displays, which we just introduced last month and is doing quite well.

As for Tammy, I haven't heard from her in quite some time, not that I'd expect too. It always reminds me of the ad shoot that we did with her that was censored...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks Gene for the attention...I understand the necessities of economy and being profitable, it's not always easy...well at least you'll sell one bagua dao :-)

As for Tammy...aayyyaaaaa stop turning the knife in the wound with your censored ads allusions hehehehe.
    Lucky you, to have such conditions making up for the harshness of work ;-)
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

turning the knife

It hurts me more than it hurts you.*

*How many times have you heard that? But its' the truth, because I know I could have sold buckets of gear with that ad....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

indeed, indeed...man I would even have subscribed to KFT mag from Paris...

who censored it anyway?
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Well, in truth...

... I had put it on the cover of Tiger Claw's internal newsletter, Claw marks. Our CEO thought it was too much. Claw Marks goes to our wholsale clients - all martial arts professionals (see www.TigerClaw.com) and a conservative bunch on the whole. Anyway after the ad was shot down, I have had the courage to try it for the mag. When things are shot down like that, it can be pretty final. But we still have it on file, so maybe...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I keep my fingers crossed then, you big tease heheheheheh

I'm back in Paris with my beloved copies of KFT (not KFQ anymore heh??). I'll give some to my teacher, he'll be pretty interested by some articles (like qingping jian, which he learnt from Jiang Rong Qiao)...

great magazine really...all it needs is a little more bare pics of the goddesses in your workplace (Tammy we love you) hahahaha
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

bare pics of goddesses in our workplace...

... i hear dat!

Glad you liked that issue. I guess we're KFTC now.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

You do kung fu right!

sung in the kfc comercial tone....
    As far as the bare woman go.........................................well, at least you did the iron crotch thing covered up...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread