Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn Wd

Attn Wd

First SC class -
    Got slapped in the face, punched in the gut, kicked in the thighs and ribs, and thrown on the ground. It was f*ckin great.

Still not going to drop SD however...

why would you

Because he:

Got slapped in the face, punched in the gut, kicked in the thighs and ribs, and thrown on the ground.
    If S-D is the greatest then he should have wiped the floor with those guys!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    If S-D is the greatest then he should have wiped the floor with those guys!

Naah, he went there to learn not to teach them a lesson.

Witty signature under construction.

Hmnn... maybe theres things he can get at shaolin do that he wont have elsewhere. I remember The Willow Sword used to be a strong defender of SD , then came the fateful challenge match and it went how it went and he decided it wasnt what he wanted. but maybe its different for SD.

SD what makes you want to stay at Shaolin Do? Is it a strong sense of Loyalty?, Is it the Training that you Love? Have you tried
    (Reputable/ Recognized) Traditional Chinese Matial Arts otherwise previously to make any comparison?

Christ, people, he was just reporting on his first Shuai Chiao class, not some silly-arse deathmatch/dojo busting. Man, this whole politic thing is ridiculous. It's like a half-assed Run Run Shaw film.

SD, glad you're finally one of the Shuai Chiao newbies (between you and me, there's only two of us ). Did you learn any fun throws today?

-edit- I've heard nothing but good things about John Wang's students (your teacher). How was he in the flesh? Was he as tough as I've been told?
    Last edited by CrippledAvenger; 08-25-2003 at 10:31 PM.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Originally posted by CrippledAvenger
    It's like a half-assed Run Run Shaw film.
    So that'd be a Hop Hop Shaw film...?

SD, now you don't have to drop SD; you can slap it in the face, punch it in the guts, kick it in the thighs and ribs, throw it to the ground, and f*ck it greatly...!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Easy there killer,
    just asking a simple question
    put down the knife and walk away slowly and we wont tell anyone ok.

Originally posted by Mat
    So that'd be a Hop Hop Shaw film...?
    +5 points for you, Mat!

Starchaser,

Sorry to vent on you, but man, I'm tired of this whole martial arts political stuff. I could really care less about Shaolin-Do, especially since I have no connection to Shaolin in any shape or form. If they're frauds, they're frauds. At least ShaolinDo is learning Shuai Chiao, from a good lineage and an excellent teacher. What he does with the rest of his time is his business.

Gotta look out for a brotha, ya know?

Hope I didn't come off too ****ed off.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Stacey Guest
    ONe time I was tagging a plop in a public restroom and wouldn't you know it, there was no paper. Luckily the guy in the next stall handed me a Shaolin Do flyer. I looked at it, and while it would have done the trick, I decided that I didn't want any part of me associated with Shaolin Do. I waddled into the empty stall like a penguin rather than wiping my ass with Shaolin-do.

Re: Attn Wd

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    First SC class -
    Got slapped in the face, punched in the gut, kicked in the thighs and ribs, and thrown on the ground. It was f*ckin great.

Still not going to drop SD however...
    All that happens to me in a typical SD class too. Glad to know you had a good time SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

C.Avenger,
    no big deal, and no harm done,
    we all need to vent once in a while.

Judge Pen
    shouldnt that stuff be happenning to you less frequently the longer youve been there?

Nah, SD will keep me more flexible and give me a great library of moves to draw from, SC lets me hit people real hard.

I really enjoy working with both groups, and have time to do so, so why not? On top of that, Ive already invested quite a bit of time in SD so why quit? I enjoy it. Dont care what others say. But I really liked the SC.

"Was he as tough as I've been told"
    Yeah, kirks the one that did all the slapping around. Hes a pretty bad mofo. Showed me shaving, clipping, pulling, and chopping, but only really worked on chopping. Went over some of the belt forms too.

Edit: I love playing with weapons too, and SD teaches tons of weapons.
    Last edited by Shaolin-Do; 08-26-2003 at 12:31 PM.

"shouldnt that stuff be happenning to you less frequently the longer youve been there?"

Less frequently yes, but if your sparring belts above you and that doesnt happen...
    Your either a bad mofo, or need to find something besides SD to diss.

I'm glad you liked it SD. Fun, no?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon