Thread: Martial Arts Classes?

Martial Arts Classes?

I have some spare time lately (got promoted and now work part time ^_^!) and Im wondering if its worth my while to take some martial arts classes at a city college.

I already train in Kung Fu SanSoo, and Muay Thai. In the past I did dip my feet in some tai chi and chi kung. I just hope to brush up on forgotten basics and maybe jump start my internal style cross training. What are some of your past experiences in beginner classes of MA in city colleges? Are they a good bang for your buck or utter Cr*p?

They are just calling it.. "martial arts classes"?

Im taking shuai chiao at a community college...

Well there is a Chi Kung and Tai Chi class.
    And a Karate class and Aikido class.

I'm mostly interested in the Tai Chi and Chi Kung classes.

oops wrong thread

May as well check it out... The dude teaching SC at the community college is a bad mofo...

Bring someone that knows about the art you want to take. The guy at our local community college claims great lineage, but is a total fake.

My experience at the community college was pretty positive. It was with Master Ron Lew (one of whose teachers was Paul Eng) who knew Fu Jow Pai and Wing Chun and was teaching Tibetan Tai Chi at the college I was at. I am also taking some kickboxing classes this coming semester to enhance my sparring experience.

The good thing about it is: You get training for a semester (16 or so weeks) for a very small fee (it's $18 here, and thats because of California's budget crisis. Used to be $11).