Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All Shaolin Do threads merged here, please use this thread

hey, you upset Fu Pow now...bad idea...

however, if I may add a little commentary:
    I'm very flexible and can do the splits both ways.
    I took a 16 hour Chi Na seminar so I know a lot of great pressure points.
    these parts were not too impressive just pulling your leg

c'mon, SD's history is really fishy, you cannot deny...after that, well if you enjoy it why bother?
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    JP,
    That's my point. When it comes to trash talking, we should really only speak for ourselves.

Tossing out names of people who could beat Fu-Pow is like that crappy FSU National Title where Notre Dame beat FSU, but lost to Boston College, but FSU lost to ND and beat Boston College, so FSU wins the title because they beat the team that beat the team that beat them, even though they lost the head to head with ND.
    Yeah, but we all like to think that our team is the best. A Sooner fan should know all about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I took a 16 hour Chi Na seminar so I know a lot of great pressure points.

That mullet thing is the best thing posted today
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Post Is this a rant? (Shaolin-do and other questionables..)

~ I am amazed at some of the things I hear on this forum.
    ~ One thing that gets me is the entire debate about Shaolin-do with some of that art’s practitioners. While I find the claims of Sin The to be dubious at best, that does not mean that his students are of like character. In fact, some of them are very hard working at the stuff they are taught. So why are their personal attacks against them?
    ~ If I learn to do a standard punch, vertical or horizontal, (it makes no difference for the arguments sake), and I practice throwing that punch several hundred or thousand times each day, does it make a difference to that practice if it is called tae kwon do or shotokan or shaolin or whoop-dee-doo? Not really, it is just a basic technique. So, if ‘Shaolin-Do’ learned to throw his punch in a Shaolin-do school, or you learn to throw that same technique in your commercially based McDojo, does that subtract from the effectiveness of that technique?
    ~ My very first art I studied (years ago) was Tae Kwon Do Mu Duk Kwon. My instructor was a black belt. The instructor over the system at that time was a third degree black belt. The problem being that he (the third degree black) decided that he did not like organization he was with, so he declared himself a 5th degree black belt master and made his own organization. Does this detract from the legitimacy of the techniques that I learned there? I think not. (Most of the schools I have worked out in since have complemented my kicking techniques that I learned at that school. In fact, when I teach kicks, I used many of the concepts from that first 5 years of study at that school.)
    ~ So in a martial application sense it makes no difference where someone learns a technique as long as they learn the technique correctly, and they practice hard and long on it to develop it to its maximum.
    ~ The student who practices long and hard on a technique correctly applied is going to develop good kung-fu (skill). If they practice well enough, it might just save their butts some day.
    ~ However, in the sense of honesty, it is important for schools and masters to be up-front about their training. In this area, we might be able to question Sin The (or numerous other very well known instructors that are total frauds) about what their claims are.
    ~ So what is the point of all of this?
    ~ I hear repeated harassment of some members of this forum because of the art they study. This ridicule is made with no knowledge of that person’s actual skill level or training and personal practice. It is made on the association with individual’s school. While I do not doubt that the individual’s instructor is dubious at best, that does not detract from the valid effort and input into training that the student is involved with.
    ~ Learn what you can from the other individuals on this forum. If you get the chance, meet them in person and enjoy a beer with them after you both work out together. Work out hard, and chill out.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do – Bride to Groom
    Yabba dabba doo -- Flintstone
    To be or not to be? -- Hamlet
    Doo be doo whop – Sinatra

alright man...
    you are obviously a sexist pig. I bet you there are many girls out there who could make you see stars. The reason I side with Shadow is because your a troll. You post too many threads on the same subject. AND EVERYTIME I BRING THIS UP YOU WASTE MORE SPACE. Now as me being a girl, I will gladly fight you anytime any place. I am not a girl, but a man with a problem with anger...and if you volunteer to be my punching bag for a day, I suggest you take Advil before you come to my establisment.
    Cause when I'm done with you, you're going to fight everyone else in the kwoon. Do you know why, sport? Cause you can't judge a kwoon by just fighting one person...bring your 11 year old sister too. So she can watch you get your face spilt, your arms broken, and so she can drive you to the hospital in you concust mindstate. And when you wake up, If you have an in-tact jaw, you'll say to her "I was wrong, don't f*ck with those guys" we are not nice people, Tiger. And its a personal attack on people to bring a child in and try to make her fight high ranking students.
    We don't take kindly to @ssholes here in Texas. We'll be the first to tell you when you act like one, and the first to put you back in line...

But the fact of the matter is, I will never see you. In my eyes, you talk nothing but idle threats hiding behind your computer. I know I wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars just to fly across the nation to fight. But if your ever in my neck of the woods, slugger. Stop on by and I'll happily wollop you for everyone on here who wishes they could.

Ginuenly & Sincerly

The Captain
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 08-28-2003 at 12:19 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Smile

But its just a friendly challenge of course...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix

c'mon, SD's history is really fishy, you cannot deny...after that, well if you enjoy it why bother?
    I don't deny that there's some myth in the history, but I can't deny that it is a legitmate CMA that I have enjoyed practicing for several years.

As for making Fu Pow mad, I really don't care. He came here with an agenda. Besdies he is (apparently) a big boy. I'm sure he can take it.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Fine, I'll concede the point about the Sai. It is not exclusively Japanese.

But the Chinese styles that use the Sai are the exception and not the rule.

I mean, my style has forms that use a horse bench and a farmers hoe. These are not typical of most Chinese arts.

We're arguing over miniscule points here.

My premise has been the whole time that Shaolin Do is in fact Karate and has nothing to do with Shaolin. The Shaolin lineage, the Shaolin forms are either made up or borrowed.

If you look at the overall picture you see that what I'm saying is true.

1) Dubious history and lineage
    2) Mismash of forms from various kung fu styles Shaolin in origin and not
    3) Gi's, barefeet and belt rankings
    4) Weapons used by Japanese martial arts

If you look at all these things together and not in isolation you begin to see something that looks like Karate dressed up and marketed as Chinese Kung Fu.

Whether or not the participants of these schools possess fighting ability is not clear. As was stated I've never been to a Shaolin Do school so I wouldn't really know.

Obviously, if there is a good karate lineage then perhaps that is sufficient to endow the practitioners with enough skill to defend themselves.

I can't help but think that learning all those conflicting styles of martial art would confuse rather than aid the students ability.

What is obvious to me and many others is that this art is promoting itself as something other than what it is.

To me that is dishonest and would lead me to believe that what is being taught is also false, even if some of it legitimate (ie the karate portion of the curriculum.)

Thanks man. If only everyone showed the same insight here.

I don't deny that there's some myth in the history
    As with most of ours... but yours sometimes goes over the top, I've let my opinion about that be known however, don't really want to go into it, it is a moot point.

MK, you should know who I'd pick to go up with someone with FJs stats...lol.... The only thing is he'd have to lose some of the hair...lol
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

**** dude... Statistics getting good here CPA. Went from a 25% f*ckable campus to **** near 50%, with at least 60% of the f*ckable portion, being sexy. There are still, of course, the hogs on the SAC campus, but ****....
    Things are looking good down here, and getting better daily.

Are the still chemically bonded with their cell phones?
    Thats a **** good ratio, I'm lookin' foward to cummin home.
    Invite some of these sexy ladies to my welcome home party.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I have a competitive sports mullet.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I think some of the kung fu/tma guys got tired of getting trashed by the mma guys so they decided to take it out on someone else

free discussion is one thing but this whole thing has gotten ridiculous. If I were mod, I'd start deleting some threads.

never been a big believer in free speech anyways....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thats the way to think...good post, Leimeng
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest