Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kung Fu is humiliated by Brazilian Jiujitsu!!!!!!!

chongnoi Guest

ranger training

As a former US Army Ranger and Special Forces veteran, here is the truth about h2h in training. In Ranger training (both RIP and Ranger School) h2h was part of the curriculum-which consisted of throwing, puching, palm stiking, and just all out fighting in a saw dust pit. It was bacically a combination of judo, bjj, karate and just learning to be aggressive. We also did quite a bit of bayonet training and ran bayonet obstacle courses. In ranger school the h2h training probably was bout 5 three-four hours sessions if i remember right. as for Special forces (the green berets) there was no official h2h training during the "Q" course (the basic 6 month qualification course), but once on a team, many teams had there own programs from time to time and many special forces soldiers practiced some martial arts in their free time. As far as spending time training h2h, well there are more important things for a special operations soldier to train at such as patrolling, reaction drills, shooting, communciation, fire support, medical emergencies, teaching methods (special forces are primarily advisors overseas)-If in a military combat situation you have to use h2h then you have already lost and are up the creek without a paddle!

reemul Guest

different mindset

For the most part most styles of Kung fu, especially those with ties to the monastary, promote a different mindset. It is not our goal to show the world "I am the greatest fighter ever". That "high school" mentality seems to fit in well with the grapplers though. I'm not say a "real" kungfu practioner will never show, just commenting on why we're not lining up for the "****ing contest".

Watchman Guest

chongnoi

Thank you very much for your perspective.

rogue Guest
    chongnoi, where'd you work?

chongnoi Guest

to rogue

HHC, 2/75 RGR '86-'89, Ranger School Class 2-88, ODA 173 (A Co, 3d Bn, 1st SFG(A) )'92-'93