Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Captian of what?

Question Captain of what?

I mean I know the guy wears a black commando hat in the pictures and dons the bdu's so this must be true but what branch of military or actually police service did Captain John Painter get the Captain title from or is he commander of a Carnival cruise boat or something?

It could not be to tap into the realty self defense market could it?
    Naw. No way. I mean the guy says he can move people at a distance with his chi. We have to believe him. If not for the jedi powers and the military gear then for his magnum p.i. cookie duster which rests on his upper lip.

What gives?
    Last edited by Black Jack; 08-29-2003 at 01:16 PM.
    Regards

Why, he is an honorary Texas Ranger. Silly boy.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Are you misspelling Captain or Caption??

Yeah. I fixed it. So what if I rode the little yellow bus. It got me laid plenty.
    Regards

from his own site

Dr. Painter is a Captain in the American Rangers Law Enforcement Martial Training Institute.
    is this the Texas Rangers law enforcement?

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Not the Texas Rangers but they do contract with different law enforcement agencies to train officers in hand to hand and weapons. The way I understand it is Capt. Painter is a co-founder of the organization but gains rank through experience and testing. Pretty legit group with some pretty impressive results.

Blackjack, I must ask again, where you get this stuff about Painter moving people from a distance? He has to my knowledge never espoused such ridiculous claims.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Captain of the oblivious
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It was an Inside Kung Fu article Count. I do not have the link but I remeber when we last were talking about some other poster brought it up as well so I know was not wasted on the day in question. I remeber the article was about standing post mediation and it had numerous babble about long range and immovable force and a few pics on him doing so to boot.

Unless I am way off then I would like to know but I remeber what I saw.

Either way the title is meaningless and it is used to gain cash from the reality self defense marketplace. Same as the bizzare counter-terrorist outfits he wears in some of his pics.
    Regards

Hey, I'm not the self appointed Capt. Painter advocate. But I'll go out on a limb and say that immovable force and moving from a distance are different concepts as are Long range and Long distance. I know Painter, and he is a serious and life long practitioner who doesn't talk about martial fantasy. He's also very accessible and can demonstrate his principles against full force. Why don't you meet him next time he's in town and judge for yourself? I'm sure he would be accommodating.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Sounds like a Mooney article. You sure you aren't confusing him with Mooney? Also there's some dude(who I can't recall at the moment) who I used to get Painter confused with all the time for no apparent reason, lol.

Correction..

The Texas Rangers are a very old division of law enforcement in Texas. They have a long proud heritage (and NO they did NOT like Chuck Norris' TV show....first off, NO modern Texas Ranger EVER wears any cowboy hat of any color other than WHITE...that is a Tradition...there is alot of that...one of my good friends is the controller of the Texas DPS and so deals with the State Troopers AND the Texas Rangers on a daily basis...he is the only one sitting in meetings that ISN'T armed )

The Texas Rangers have a set number. When one retires or dies, they look at the officers in the state and INVITE the best to take that ranger's place.

The Texas Rangers are also very careful about who they endorse...typically they do NOT endorse anyone.

If you read Dr. Painter's site, he does NOT say Texas Rangers...it is a different group.

After checking out the various websites all I can say is I'm confused. Don't think I'll be sending anyone near one of those seminars. Kinda sad really.

I've seen some clips of his bagua and frankly he has good form from where I sit.

I don't understand why the need for the marketing schmaltz. Good content is really all that is required. It is once again that bizarre mix of east and west I guess. :-)

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll agree with the quote from his website that he's a master showman.

BJ, I comission you the rank of Colonel in the Rogue School of Dance.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.