Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World Population

ttt 4 2017!

Population peak of 1.45b by 2030
    Source: Xinhua | January 26, 2017, Thursday |

CHINA’S population is expected to peak at about 1.45 billion by 2030, according to the national population development plan for 2016-2030 released by the State Council yesterday.

The country will enter a key transitional period between 2021 and 2030 in its population development as it will witness a decrease in the number of people of working age, more elderly people, still active population migration and diversified family patterns, according to the plan, which was signed and approved by Premier Li Keqiang.

“China’s basic national condition of a large population will not fundamentally change. The population pressure on economic and social development will not fundamentally change. The tensions between population and resources and environment will not fundamentally change,” the plan says.

The country will adhere to the family planning policy as a basic state policy, and fully implement the two-child policy to promote balanced population development, it adds.

The government will improve the policy adjustment mechanism for childbirth, allocate public service resources rationally, improve development and support systems for families to achieve a suitable fertility rate.

Efforts will also be made to improve the skill set of new workers, make full use of workers’ potential, develop the human resources of the senior population, and make good use of international talent.

Measures will be taken to promote urbanization, improve policies on population movement, address the problem of an aging population, promote women’s development, and enhance the protection of minors and disabled people.

As of 2015, China’s population was 1.375 billion.

China allowed all married couples to have two children in 2016. This followed an earlier easing of the policy in 2013 that allowed couples to have a second child if either parent was an only child.

The latest change ended the one-child policy implemented in the late 1970s to rein in the surging population.
    Peak population. Interesting theory. I suspect factors like pollution and plague aren't in this projection.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

While Over population is a vital factor to control, population DENSITY is a problem that is easily solved and address BOTH over population and population density.
    Visited India last year and it was amazing that less than 1 hour from the cities was, well, nothing but open, UNUSED space.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !