Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Population

If you hippies would quit buying the soy they grow on those farms, they would quit building new farms. So, do your part and quit being a hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    If you hippies would quit buying the soy they grow on those farms, they would quit building new farms. So, do your part and quit being a hippy.
    I hate soy. We should just get rid of people.

Start implimenting more strict death penalties, and get rid of all the sick b@stards in prison that need to die.

Also get those **** crack heads to stop breeding, doesnt anyone realise they are diluting our species?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Amazing... you bring up China and it is one of the few countries in the world (if not the only one) that has STRICT birth control policies.

The laws there HAVE loosened up in the past few years...but:

A couple is encouraged to wait until later in their 20's or even 30 before marriage.

They get ONE child ticket. If the child dies...oops...no more tickets.

Minority races (pure minority couples...as in Hui to Hui...not Mongol to Hui) are allowed two children. Han families are not.

The laws WERE loosened up so a family can purchase a "license" to have a second child...and it ain't cheap.

Breaking the law generally means you lose any government benefits, your job, your wife's job, etc... so it is NOT something many people do.

Pregnancy out of marriage is not done...it happens but it is a BIG stigma.

An unlicensed pregnancy is encouraged very strongly to be ended with an abortion.

Catholics would and do have a REAL problem with the PRC's official stance on pregnancies.

Ok this isn't totally related but I just had a thought...out of all the millions of unemployed people out there, could we make some kind of super human powered factory, similar to the Matrix but instead of having rows and rows of people plugged in, we could have rows and rows of giant hamster wheels and make all the unemployed people run all day and do something useful. I reckon if every unemployed person had to run in a hamster wheel all day, our energy problems would be solved!!
    ________
    Extreme q
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Don't worry, some kind of super virus will wipe out a good number of us in teh not to distant future.

It's happened before and it will happen again and thank goodness!

I can't wait til the population is whittled down to 1/2 it's current size.

and if I gotta go, then so be it. It's all for the best and it beats nuclear war which wrecks the planet for those not yet here yet.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well in the UK we are in the great position of having a low birth rate.

This should be great, but what happens? We "import" people. We had a greater increase via immigration last year than by birth.

The crazy thing is that our "green" party keep saying that we need to get out consumption of energy down to the levels of third world countries (around an 80% cut). At while at the same time they promote the immigration of people from low energy using countries, into the UK, where they buy a mobile phone and a car and for some reason a cheap leather jacket.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    When the he!! are they going to start requiring licenses for having kids.
    It's quite funny you said that. That has been my exact idea for solving bad drivers for years now. Forget a drivers license, require a license to reproduce.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

heck ya, you start at the finish line and you get the job done alot quicker.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

I took a sociology course in school, the instructor was chinese and she said in the PRC in some areas there are groups of people set up that go around performing forced abortions gang-style on every pregnant woman in the area, once she saw a half-naked woman, 7 months pregnant screaming, running down the street with a group of men chasing after her. Lovely.

Contraceptives in the water and going to the doctor to get a licence for childbearing (a reversal of the contraceptive) after you pass the parenthood course would be a step forward for any country.

As for the PRC, can't believe everything you hear, but I've no doubt there are some really really horrible human rights violations still continuing... which makes me wonder why any country is trading with them. Oh wait, silly me, it's because nobody actually gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    I think they should give males vacectomy's (sp) when they are young. Or something similar so that we have a way of controling the birthing system. Then require a birthing license, with psycological testing on both parents to determine if they will be some what suitable parents.
    Wow, I've said almost that same exact thing before, except for the vasectomy. It was almost like I was reading my own post right there.

But that would just give people the urge to have more sex since they knew they wouldn't get pregnant. Enter widespread STDs.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Think not of the faults of others, of what they have done or not done. Think rather of your own sins, of the things you have done or not done.
    - Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

the whole std thing does suck but look at it like this. I dont have any. So its ok.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

WORD YO!

i didnt read the link or a single post in this thread.

i just mindlessly support population reduction in almost every form.
    where's my beer?

The solution isn't to legislate the amount of kids. You want people screwing all the time, everywhere, in a great big dogpile. That's the secret to world peace, after all.

Nope. You want to eliminate gun control.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب