Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this move actually fatal?

MP - great training methods! Live dislocation practice with a turkey!

To partly answer the question, you can crack vertebra by snapping the neck sideways violently if you catch someone by surprise. You can dislocate vertebra by elongating the neck if you catch someone by surprise. However, both of these things will not necessarily result in broken vertebra and broken vertebra will not necessarily result in a broken spinal cord which = death.

If the person is not surprised and tenses their neck muscles all the above are much harder unless you're scary strong. And even then it's hard to do. Sure, you can seriously damage someone's neck, but killing them with a neck break is very hard.

You know the movie neck break that I like best? It's the one where the guy lowers himself quietly from the ceiling and wraps his legs around his victim's head and snaps the neck with a quick thrust of the hips!

Breaking a neck is very hard indeed. Just learn the Vulcan Neck Pinch and use that instead.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I have a friend who is a chiropractor and he assures me that to be able to break the neck and sever the spinal cord, the person has to be pretty much completely relaxed. I think you would have a better chance if you picked them up and dropped them on their head.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Re: Anectdote

Originally posted by ShifuBinks
    he was a seal or something I don't really remember but they had taught him that it was very easy to kill people this way...and honestly I think me training in ninjutsu might have helped because I instinctively knew to go with this move and not try to resist...
    LOL. If bobo and FU-pow don't jump on this one, I don't know what the world is coming to, after all the slack they gave SD.

I think you need to reword your story, it is coming out badly.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Dead turkey...

Or we could go the traditional route and start experimenting on prisoners.

I just thought of something...one time at the dojo after class I was reading Black Belt or Inside Kung Fu and in between ads for "The Speed Man" and "Tennessee Mountain Man Discovers Fountain of Youth" I read an article about some dude who hurt his neck very badly in training...the guy had him in a triangle choke or something and he wouldn't tap out I really don't remember but next time I'm at the school I will try to find the article and relay the info to you guys...

I think you need to reword your story, it is coming out badly
    Well you were not my target audience so please don't lose any more sleep over how I worded my story.
    The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win, it is speed of hand. Speed of mind. -Count of Monte Cristo

Originally posted by ShifuBinks
    Well you were not my target audience so please don't lose any more sleep over how I worded my story.
    Everyone that reads these boards is your target audience. I could have just made fun of your story, but I didn't. I just kindly assumed you worded it badly. But no worries, I'm not loosing sleep over it. I was actually trying to prevent you some grief from others.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

When I was in eighth grade some kid
    So this "kid" was a marine in the eighth grade? Or was he held back 8 years? So as a ninja in the eigth grade you fought a fellow eight grader who happened to be a marine??????????

I hate when I get attacked by ninjas. I remember one time when these 3 ninjas jumped out and ate my homework and made me late for class.
    -shaolinarab

The lesson here is to write carefully and clearly and to read carefully and clearly.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Yes, the one I'm talking about is the one that Bolo Yeung does to kill that guy at the end of the match in Bloodsport.

I guess if the guy has ot be completely relaxed, you could knock him out first. I dunno.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

But if the guy has to be relaxed, it seems easy you could just come up behind someone who's not expecting it and do it and kill them that easily? That would suck.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.