Originally posted by Becca
I think I'll keep my union. I have seen it work miricals.
Hey Becca,
Good to hear that your pleased with your union. I shouldn't generalize about unions, I guess there are some good ones out there.

I never have, nor will I ever, work in a union job. My wife always has. So I see both sides.

Sometimes people who deserve to loose thier jobs don't, especially lazy people.
That's the part that bugs me. People get promoted based on time in, not on who is most capable. It brings things down to the lowest common denominator.

But more often than not, it is the hard working slob who is just a bit slower but still putting out quality work that benifits the most.
That should good enough. We can only give the best that we have. There's a big difference between this and being lazy. I think every company needs the hard working 'slob' who's just plugging away. There's a lot to be said about that kind of attitude.

I was thanking the heavens for my union when I RIFed 3 years ago durring a company merger. I saw what happened to the other side, who wern't protected by a strong union.
The problem is, that if the business is failing, the union cannot protect you forever. The company closes down, or moves jobs to Mexico or India. Unfortunately it boils down to the bottom line.

Anyways, for those who like unions, more power to you. They're just not my thing.

Peace,