Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies you can't wait to see . . .

Well, I used to, but it's losing its charm.

speaking of giant monsters, though - check out the Criterion Special Edition DVD of The Blob!

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=91v
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 09-23-2003 at 08:55 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

2. Thumbs up

Itīs not about "giant monsters".I can see how one could get fed up with it.But hey,fans of that stuff (like me) watch it because it feeds your imagination,itīs the closest that you can get to without making time travel a reality (or going to a natural history museum,highly recommended).
    It offers a nice breakdown of the current train of paleoī thought,and of course special effects to lay sugar on it.
    You agree?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

It's not about giant monsters? Really? Would you go to see it if it was a movie about jurassic era plants?
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

You agree?
    No, because it's been my contention that movies portray these creatures in the wrong light. I highly doubt a dinosaur would continually stalk the same three people across an entire island just for a snack. I mean, how many calories can he possible get out of 3 people. Not enough to replace the calories he spent tracking them, that's for sure.

I always hate "animal" movies because of this. I mean, a wolverine wouldn't stalk a gerbil for 2 weeks. So why would a dinosaur expend so much energy and time for what amounts to a mouthful of meat.

Not only that, but after it does eat a few people, why do they continually pursue the rest of the group relentlessly? What animal keeps hunting after it has satisfied it's appetitie? Animals don't perpetually chase food until they drop dead. At some point, the dinosaurs would have enough to eat and then go rest for a few days. Are these animals always hungry? A lion with a full belly isn't so much of a threat, so why should a dinosaur be any different?

Scientifically unsound, unless, of course, that is why dinosaurs went extinct in the first place.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-24-2003 at 10:28 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Excellent point MK - the dinosaurs don't act like any creature that ever walked the earth, they act like plot devices.
    Crippled Avenger

6. Thumbs up

"It's not about giant monsters? Really? Would you go to see it if it was a movie about jurassic era plants?"

Probably.

"Scientifically unsound, unless, of course, that is why dinosaurs went extinct in the first place."

You have to understand that they are meant to be entertaining,those movies.
    There are reasons why those movies could be considered part unsound in scientific sense (while they simultaneously circulate around the latest of understanding) but the reasons you mention,are not generally called out as those.

"Excellent point MK - the dinosaurs don't act like any creature that ever walked the earth, they act like plot devices."

They probably are "plot devices",considering the theme of those movies.However,seemingly they are a completely unique group of animals.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Anybody seen "Lost in Translation" yet? It looks pretty good from here.
    Crippled Avenger

Waiting for it to come out. I have mixed feelings about Sophia Coppola....The Virgin Suicides was too heavy-handed for my tastes, but competent.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I haven't seen her other directorial efforts. She was terrible as an actress in "Godfather III" but since that movie doesn't exist, I don't count it against her.
    Crippled Avenger

bla bla bla.. just gimme my matrix 3 already
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

What are you, a glutton for punishment?
    Crippled Avenger

the revolutions trailer i saw looks sucky ..
    im disappointed, however i'm gonna watch it just for the sake of seeing how it gets resolved

I thought the Matrix 3 trailer looked pretty good, but I liked the 2nd one too. We'll see how they all come together.

Anyone seen the ROTK trailer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

yeah, although i wouldn't call what i saw a trailer in the strictest sense.
    it was more a preview of rotk for playstation 2 and they had clips of the movie plugging it.
    i'm sure that wont be disappointing
    and for the record i thought reloaded was good.
    although the first one was more groundbreaking and could have worked all by itself.

Havn't seen any trailers for either of em n I'll try resist to. I'm tired of big trailers that show all good stuff n ruins the surprise. I'll probebly end up watchin em anyway....
    In my eyes LOTR final one can't fail. Since they already follow the book and have shown that they done it right with the first and second one. Matrix will be more of a surprise and I feel it can go either way. It will either be the most mind boggling thing you'll ever see or something really dissapointing. That's why I look forward to this one more than LOTR..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."