Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All training is useless w.o. shen?

All training is useless w.o. shen?

I rest my case.

What is missing in most martial systems today?

'... Jin is useless without shen or spirit. You could argue that standing has a definite spiritual development aspect, but one of the ways this is different from many others is to illustrate some exercises that play a definite role in developing fighting spirit.

The Three Treasures of life - Jing (life essence), Chi (energy) and Shen (Spirit) - are the basic components which make us "what we are". Although we cannot have an elevated strong spirit without sufficient Jing and Chi,

Shen or Spirit is the most important component of fighting success.

3 TREASURES OF LIFE

Li (Muscle Strength)
    <--->
    Jing (Life Essence)

Chi (Energy)
    <--->
    Chi (Energy)
    <--->
    Shen (Spirit)

The Three Treasures are the necessary components for life. Kung Fu is a way of life. It is also about fighting. Real fighting has nothing to do with competition and pretty forms, etc. Real fighting must be understood as "to the end". It is vicious, merciless and usually over very quickly.

Without shen the spirit, there is no Jin, all training is useless, the Ten Foundations quickly disappear.

Shen or Spirit is the most important component for fighting success. Shen or Spirit is the most important component for fighting success.

Jing decreaser
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

Chen, I see you been busted for pedifiling again, huh?

You are a kook!!!
    no one reply to this post!!!
    Go Surf!
    Karate's better!!!

Originally posted by Surferdude
    You are a kook!!!
    no one reply to this post!!!
    You are right, Chen Suck Zhen is a pervert, kook!!!

Facts are hard to accept, huh, suferdude-do?

Surferdude-do????
    You truly are stupid
    Go Surf!
    Karate's better!!!

Hey surferdude, surf's up! Where you based? It's already shoulder high here with offshore winds and building fast. Forecast is for 7 feet by day's end; 7 feet tomorrow, 8 feet thurs., 10 feet Sat. 10 feet+ sun Looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Can you say "barreled off my a$$?"

Bobo: Why do you think you are the only one that has this information? Check out my master's website. Direct lineage to Ba Gua's founder. And to be honest, several of my training brothers have been to China and have said the kung fu was pi$$ poor! They said it's dead or dying on it's last leg.

Maybe you know something. But if you've been training for 25 years (let's say you started at 5) ... ah, forget it. Maybe you should put down the martial arts books and pick up Lau Tzu ... Your spirit is jumpy and exciteable for an internal master.

Hijack

Get mario mask
    Platform: Nintendo 64

First you must start the game with the name BoboJoe then play through the game to where you get the Goron mask. When you get the zora mask you must be wearing the Keaton mask when you pull the wounded Zora out of the water, then play the Double Time song untill the last DAY. then wait till you have 4 minutes on the game clock then warp to the owl statue in clock town. Then RUN to the clock where you learned the healing song and talk to the mask guy to get the mario mask. This allows you to become mario and jump on enemys head just like mario!!!

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    Hey surferdude, surf's up! Where you based? It's already shoulder high here with offshore winds and building fast. Forecast is for 7 feet by day's end; 7 feet tomorrow, 8 feet thurs., 10 feet Sat. 10 feet+ sun Looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Can you say "barreled off my a$$?"

Bobo: Why do you think you are the only one that has this information? Check out my master's website. Direct lineage to Ba Gua's founder. And to be honest, several of my training brothers have been to China and have said the kung fu was pi$$ poor! They said it's dead or dying on it's last leg.

Maybe you know something. But if you've been training for 25 years (let's say you started at 5) ... ah, forget it. Maybe you should put down the martial arts books and pick up Lau Tzu ... Your spirit is jumpy and exciteable for an internal master.
    I know those lousy freakin, dumbo masters in China don't know diddly about Cow's disease. Why look at Chen Village Tai Chi, weak, huh? Oh, and Baji? Weaker still, huh? And you and your teacher know more than all of 5 billion Chinese, huh? Ok, there, killer, and you profess to know? No wonder I can't take you ***s.

hijack

The Octopus

The octopus is found worldwide in tropical and warm temperate waters. There are many different species of octopi.

The west coast of Florida is a popular site for the Common Octopus which reaches an average size of 24 to 36 inches. The Dwarf Octopus is often found in shells washed up on Florida beaches. It reaches a maximum size of four inches long.

While one of the largest octopi, the North Pacific Octopus, grows to fifteen feet in length and weighs more than one hundred pounds, the smallest, the Californian, only reaches 3/8 to one inch in length. While most octopi are small, the Giant Pacific Octopus can reach more than thirty feet across.

The octopus has a soft body with a well-developed brain, similar to a human's. It is known to be very intelligent. It can dig its own den and close the entrance with stones after it is safely inside. During the day, octopi usually stay in their dens. The den can be recognized by the patch of crab shells at the entrance. Octopi hunt primarily at night or on dark dreary days, thus this is the best time to see them out and about.

The octopus seizes its prey with its eight long arms. These arms bear two rows of suckers each. The hundreds of suckers that line their arms help the octopus to hold on to almost anything.

The octopus feeds on animals such as crustaceans and mollusks, often luring them by wiggling the tip of an arm like a worm. Once caught, the octopus bites the victim, injecting a poisonous venom into their system along with a digestive enzyme. It sucks the flesh from the crustacean and discards the empty shell. If an octopus loses one of its tentacles, it will soon grow another one in the same place.

The octopus has many characteristics that aid in its survival. Along with its eight arms and hundreds of suckers, the octopus has an eye on each side of its head.

While the octopus has very keen eyesight, it is completely deaf. The octopus can shoot a "smokescreen" of black ink at its attackers. This black substance doesn't hurt, it simply gives the octopus time to escape. The octopus can also camouflage itself by changing its skin color or texture similar to its surroundings. The octopus can squeeze through the tiniest hole, move around on its arm, and scoot backwards rapidly by shooting a jet of water through its body.

The female octopus lays up to 150,000 eggs in two weeks. It does not eat until the eggs hatch in 50 days. Because of this, many mothers die of starvation.

idiocy never ceases to amaze me...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Re: hijack

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    The Octopus

The octopus is found worldwide in tropical and warm temperate waters. There are many different species of octopi.

The west coast of Florida is a popular site for the Common Octopus which reaches an average size of 24 to 36 inches. The Dwarf Octopus is often found in shells washed up on Florida beaches. It reaches a maximum size of four inches long.

While one of the largest octopi, the North Pacific Octopus, grows to fifteen feet in length and weighs more than one hundred pounds, the smallest, the Californian, only reaches 3/8 to one inch in length. While most octopi are small, the Giant Pacific Octopus can reach more than thirty feet across.

The octopus has a soft body with a well-developed brain, similar to a human's. It is known to be very intelligent. It can dig its own den and close the entrance with stones after it is safely inside. During the day, octopi usually stay in their dens. The den can be recognized by the patch of crab shells at the entrance. Octopi hunt primarily at night or on dark dreary days, thus this is the best time to see them out and about.

The octopus seizes its prey with its eight long arms. These arms bear two rows of suckers each. The hundreds of suckers that line their arms help the octopus to hold on to almost anything.

The octopus feeds on animals such as crustaceans and mollusks, often luring them by wiggling the tip of an arm like a worm. Once caught, the octopus bites the victim, injecting a poisonous venom into their system along with a digestive enzyme. It sucks the flesh from the crustacean and discards the empty shell. If an octopus loses one of its tentacles, it will soon grow another one in the same place.

The octopus has many characteristics that aid in its survival. Along with its eight arms and hundreds of suckers, the octopus has an eye on each side of its head.

While the octopus has very keen eyesight, it is completely deaf. The octopus can shoot a "smokescreen" of black ink at its attackers. This black substance doesn't hurt, it simply gives the octopus time to escape. The octopus can also camouflage itself by changing its skin color or texture similar to its surroundings. The octopus can squeeze through the tiniest hole, move around on its arm, and scoot backwards rapidly by shooting a jet of water through its body.

The female octopus lays up to 150,000 eggs in two weeks. It does not eat until the eggs hatch in 50 days. Because of this, many mothers die of starvation.
    Nicely done.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

8 feet in NY???
    Mabe if you get that Hurrican off the coast...BTW i'm in NJ, Best surf on the East coast!!!!!
    Go Surf!
    Karate's better!!!