Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Situation with two attackers from behind

Method man is actually making a lot of sense.

Neigung, I disagree with you. Two, three guys -- armed or unarmed -- are you Carl Lewis? They will catch you and then you will be tired and not prepared because your intention is to get away, and when you are captured your intention is lost.

Stand and fight! Unless of course you are at Times Square and there are thousands of people around and stores to run into and taxis and cops. But 3:00 a.m. on an empty subway ... you better fight!

SanSoo StudentSanSoo Student: I have not read through all the posts to your original post so apologies if I have repeated what someone else has already written.

If you can control the first unarmed attacker by putting on a simple lever choke whilst putting in a quick but hard kick to the back of the knee joint, this will enable you to control a 6ft 3" 200lb'er what ever your size. (Trust me I am 6ft 2" and weigh around 16 stone, my instructor can move me around like a rag doll, in this case you just need decent control with pain and a balance break and they are all yours)

This will hopefully give you enough time to evaluate the situation and you have already guarded yourself if the second attcker was to come in straight away. If he doesn't he will not have a wild stab at you when you are holding his mate in a choke etc, he will try and get to your side or behind you, you can then just move, probably drag the first attacker around with you, hopefully protecting yourself in doind so.

Personally at this point I would push the first attacker into the second before he came near enough to use the weapon. Then leg it. Also I don't think I would try too hard about putting strikes in, you simply do noy have enough time, try it and ask both attackers to hit you as soon as they could. You will get 'stabbed' before you even hit the first attacker. That is how it would happen out there! they will not line up nicely for you!

Movement is the most important thing, movement of your self and the first attcker.

This is my personal opion, any others out there??
    Ohhh Mad One!!!!

Ok, you must first think like your attacker(defending is always at a disadvantage)
    If I attacked from behind with a knife, you wouldnt do anything but die, or be crippled this would be both at my liesure.
    If I wanted to cripple you I would "hamstring" you, then work you over as I saw fit(remember you said attacked from behind).
    Or I would drive the knife into your brachial nerve and artery cluster, And watch you bleed out, and i dont even need to reach into your line of vision to do these things, or wait there were two attackers, I guess he can kick you till you die.
    No knife for either attacker, what would I do...
    I would "shoot" at your knees, hold your legs while my boy stomped you silly(again you would start face down).
    My point is if your attackers are trained at all and hit from behind, you are finished. JUst one attacker from behind with no knife, yeah there are alot of things you could do. The best is to be aware try to avoid being in the situation.
    Oh if you have a knife, I will out run you if I dont, if I do, you will wish I had ran.

Temujinn - I agree with your points regarding bothering to defend against knife attacks. It is not worth it, if it did really happen out of a dojo you would get seriously hurt 9 times out of 10.

I have never been taught to defend against knife attacks for that reason, but you can train to be aware of what is around/surrounding you and how to give yourself some chance of getting away.

You are very precise with your stabbing techniques, almost as if you expect a person to stand still for you to pick off these parts. The hamstrings is a good one though!

I used to be a semi-professional athelete so no chance of catching me if I were to run I am afraid.

I would like to see SanSoo students class, as it sounds like these attckers line up one by one in a nice orderly queue.

Cheers for your points.

Sansoo Student: [/B] , look back at your replies, the majority vote is to run chap!
    Ohhh Mad One!!!!

TCD, I actually was trained to knife fight, knife fighting is the only way to understand the thinking of and attacker.
    From behind the technique of Hamstringing is easy, it can be done to horses on the run so believe me a man is easy.
    The Brachial attack is taught in the military for eliminating sentries.
    you stick in and twist not in the neck but next to it where the brachial tubes run near the shoulder, the twist severes the artiery and bam, the guy drowns in his own blood, and more hen likly has a stroke from loss of blood pressure to the brain, it works much better then cutting someones throat, which requires strength, this requires none.
    The human body has many easy targets, remeber men have been using blades to kill each other fro almost ten thousand years, it is a science, the counter is to be better with a blade, bare handed is suicide.
    Attacking from the front you go after the legs as the person will back his body up, joint are areas of the body where conective tissue is close to the surface and easily cut. The knife I carry has a 3 in. blade, more then sufficent to reach into someone and done whatever I want.
    If someone has a knife, run, if you get stabbed in the back, I promise you will run faster.

TCD, you really are learning well (I nearly said grasshopper there, LOL) I'm proud. :-)

Looks like I had better show you how to use the knife then.
    Remind me about that Saturday, and I'll show you why classic knife defences have one or two holes (literally).

Ok, I will invite Temujinn along too with his 3 inch blade. I will supply the horses and plenty of sentries for disposal! LOL
    Ohhh Mad One!!!!

I thought to disable guards or patrol officers...the military trained covert people to stab at an upward angle into the chest, puncturing the lungs. So the avioli fluid would fill the sacks of their lung and puke/choke on the fluid+blood mixture in the lungs. This would keep them from screaming or running away, at least thats how I heard they did it in vietnam.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"