Thread: kung fu - calgary?

kung fu - calgary?

i am moving to calgary alberta in august 2004. i was hoping someone could recommened some schools. there seems to be many in calgary, which appears odd since i live in edmonton which is pretty dry for chinese martial arts. maybe its just because more of the schools in calgary are public, while the edmonton ones are more often private.

anyway, i am getting kinda off topic. as far as what type of school i am looking for; i would like a place that does lots of weapons. other than that it would depend more on the quality of the school and not the style. i have not trained any style long enough that "unlearning" would be difficult. thank you - nate

www.rovere.com

He teaches traditional and modern CMA.
    Monkey vs. Robot

thank you stranger, that looks excellent.

as a note, i meant kung fu in a very broad sense. including taichi, bagua, sanshou, modern cma, etc.

Calgary MA

http://www.kungfugrip.ca

List of schools.

Myself, and my girlfriend run this website. It isn't at all complete, and I have just discovered a White Eyebrow school in downtown Chinatown.

Good luck in your search,
    Couch
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

If you are looking for San shou / wushu, you can check out Ji Hong Tai Chi, or Calgary Martial Arts and Tai Chi College. THe Chinese Cultural center also offers Choy Lay fut, Wing CHun, Wushu and some other types of Shaolin Qi Gong.

If you are looking for more traditional CMA, there is a sifu I learned a bit of Bak Mai from that teaches privately, also Chiu Wai's son Ambrose Chiu teaches Hung Kuen privately in his home. My Jong Lohan also has a number of teachers all over Calgary.

If your willing to put some money into it, I would highly recommend learning Hung Kuen. Sifu AMbrose is very friendly and a great teacher.

Hope that helps.

Ps. neit, do you have a EO account?

hehe, you bet. i'm neitron