Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating at the Kwoon.

Dating at the Kwoon.

Hi All.

How do you feel about dating at the kwoon, provided it is legal naturally.

Do you accept student/student, teacher/student relationships or are the a big no-no?

My View.

IMO and at all the kwoons where I trained when you step into the training area you are either a student or a teacher.

All personal stuff gets left behind, at my last kwoon they thought that me and my Wife were friends for over one year before they found out we were married.

Inside the kwoon it shouldn't matter if you drive a tricycle or a porsche or what your financial, emotional, romantic involvements are outside the kwoon.

Heck, I don't even know what some of my fellow students do for a living or if they are married, got kids.

If you date a someone at your kwoon keep it confined to outside the kwoon.

Naturally the views above are mine.
    Witty signature under construction.

Unhappy Bad Juju

I've had a . . . baaaaaaddddddd experience with that.
    Met my ex at the dojo. Real knockout. Great personality (I thought. Then, you get to know someone . . . *brir.... cold . .. *****y* Family's cool, though).

Then, you work on grappling one night, and you get partnered up with HER. That's comfortable.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Oh yeah . . . 'twas a student/student relationship.

Instructor/student stuff . . . unless the student is over 30 (an' so is the instructor).

Pimp on it!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I think there is nothing sexier than a woman who loves her Kung Fu. But I could see how dating at the kwoon could present problems. Especially if there is a nasty fight before a sparring class. I'd prefer to date a student/teacher of another school, so we could share secrets and keep conflict at home.

Like any relationship, if you set the groundrules early there should be no problem. I agree with LC - once you step into the training hall, the relationship is of fellow students, or of student/instructor. Leave the baggage at the door.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Outside good

I'll have to agree with the idea of dating from another school. It's way safer, and that way if it doesn't work out no one has to 'quit'. I've heard some bad kwoon dating horror stories. Better safe than sorry.
    Shed blood not tears...

I vote nay. I've had nothing but trouble with relationships where we spend a lot of time together on a vocation of some sort (office stuff is what I mean here) and I think the same would apply for a time-consuming hobby. It's just too much of each other.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

This can bring Nothing but trouble , stay as far away from it as you can.

(i love you honey)*looking over shoulder

I say don't do it. I've had bad experiences with it as well. Granted you should be mature enough to keep it out of your training. It's just that these types of relationships don't seem to work very well.

I think a lot of times us guys see a pretty girl training and become attracted to them without actually getting to know them. How someone acts inside a kwoon can be very different than how they act anywhere else.
    Amitabha

what lohan fury is trying to say is

"see me", and "come live with me" , are two different things

Lohan Fury.

That is my point, inside the kwoon the looks and sex of your fellow students shouldn't matter.

Seeya.
    Witty signature under construction.

Sure, they shouldn't, but come on! No bloke in any gwoon can deny being turned on by a hot chick sweating and punching and kicking along with the guys.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Double post!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

How about goin out with ur sifus' daughter?????
    In a fight it is not who is right but who is left.

How about your sifu's wife?