Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating at the Kwoon.

I see all of your points in regards to keeping the kwoon/workout time completely professional but what about times when you meet, or have contact with a kwoon member off the mat? As a hypothetical, if I meet someone at my kwoon whom I joke and talk with off of the mat (say, while cleaning or before/after class), or we hit it off at a kwoon members only party (we have those), I don't see the harm in it. Sure, during class time the focus should be on the material and not on the person, but outside the kwoon it should be alright for members to date etc so long as it does not affect the kwoon atmosphere. Just my opinion.
    -ZC
    "Whole body become secret weapon." -Uncle explaining the benefits of Kung Fu.

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

Yeah, it should be fine. Your relationship is irrelevant inside the gwoon and you simply treat each other like classmates.

That's how it should be. Trouble is, people can be d!cks and it often ends up different and often quite messy.

Just try not to let anything that happens affect the gwoon and other classmates.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Serpent.

Nice, sexy looking ladies and stunning blokes like me are dime a dozen, if you can' t keep your hormones from hopping for a short time ...

zen_celt.

What I am saying relationships are fine but don't bring them into the kwoon.
    Inside the kwoon it is training, training and more training.

My Sifu at times will at times ask a student to go home early or take a break for a few lessons when he sees that his mind is not fully on the training due to outside worries, etc.

Inside the kwoon your attention should be on your training, not inside your jock-strap, bank worries or anywhere else.
    Witty signature under construction.

Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    Serpent.

Nice, sexy looking ladies and stunning blokes like me are dime a dozen, if you can' t keep your hormones from hopping for a short time ...

My point was simply that any guy into martial arts is going to find a girl that is into martial arts ****ed attractive.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by Serpent

My point was simply that any guy into martial arts is going to find a girl that is into martial arts ****ed attractive.
    Hmmm, I don't know.

EDIT: An attractive girl that is into martial arts.

Let's take an example. What turns you on more:

Hot chick, great body, good fun and sense of humour, intelligent and great conversationalist but doesn't really understand why you're so enamoured by all this kung fu stuff.

OR

Hot chick, great body, good fun and sense of humour, intelligent and great conversationalist that loves her kung fu and likes to train with you as often as possible.

Pick number 2! Pick number 2!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Choice 1 or choice 2. Hmmm.

Choice 3.

Choice 2 is too perfect, so is choice 1.

If he doesn't he's even wierder than I thought!

Originally posted by Serpent
    If he doesn't he's even wierder than I thought!

Not weird at all.

Question is will choice 2 stick with the MA after marriage, kids and so on.

Great bodies disappear with age, OTOH, cooking skills improve over time.

Seeya.

God grief, he is bloody weird.

Who cares what happens afterwards? If you fall in love with girl number two, she'll always understand your passion for kung fu. If age takes her body, she'll always be intelligent and good fun.

Well, maybe not in your case, as you'll suck all the fun out of her with that attitude.

Still, as long as she can cook you a good dinner you'll be right, eh?

Serpent.

Talking from experience.

And either way it doesn't matter to me as I am already settled for life.

And, yes, we did some MA together and she will never say anything against my MA study or other hobbies.

I'm talking from experience too. Mrs Serpent trains right alongside me. She doesn't have quite the same passion or anything like the experience that I do, but she loves her kung fu.

my sihing is dating my sifu's daughter. one time I heard my sifu's daughter talking to another member her boyfriend(my sihing) wants to have sex with her. I just wish she said somewhere else.
    in my gwoon, there's also 2 other pairs going out

Shaolin Dude.

Both at my current kwoon and the last one we had very little young people.

Kids = NONE
    Teens = NONE (Sifu's son I don't think counts)
    early 20's = a few(most don't last long)

Most people are in their 30's and upwards.