Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who said its cheating?

who said its cheating?

i dont know about u all--since most of u are all into traditional chinese martial arts i reckon--but some ppl seem to have some weird tenet about whats a fair fight, etc..

my take on it, there is no such thing as a fair fight. on the street, fighting's fighting and theres nothing else to it.
    when weapons comes into play, it seems like ppl think its not fair play. whatd u i think about that, f#%# that. say if theres more than one guy, or just one guy. i dont consider it cheap to use a braceknuckle, or anything like that. in a fight do whatever to neutrolise your opponent. if someones f*$#ing with u, be sure to end it. however, i do not support knives or guns. those kill ppl. crossing that line is a little too much. i do think, u have the right to protect urself though.

what'd u think?

check out some of the utensils they got at this site: http://www.donrearic.com/main.html

be sure to check out the koppo stick, that thing seems pretty handy. might make me one. hmm..
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

If you come out alive you have won. Fighting isn't ''fair'' by far.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I don't care much for a fair fight, whatever is an asset in my survival i will use it.
    If its just sparring then fair
    fighting , anything goes (in my favour)

What ever happened to 'honor'?

there used to be a time, when you could get into a fight, and not have to worry that the other person would pull a weapon, or that half a dozen of his friends would jump in.

there used to be a time when a person could have an honest fight, and afterwards, you could shake hands and things would be settled.

there used to be a time when people understood the meaning of the word 'honor', and would abide by a code of conduct; and it didn't matter if you won or lost, so long as you stood up for yourself.

i feel sorry for the kids nowadays who'll never understand that.

there's nothing wrong with a good honest fight. - we need to bring that back for our children's sake.
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

The past is the past.
    You live in the present so play by the current rules.
    Fair fighting doesn't exist in reality anymore.

Whether you strike in the eyes to blind them, or four-knuckle strike to the throat to collapse their windpipe: you try to survive even if that means using cheap and lethal moves.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Originally posted by MaFuYee
    What ever happened to 'honor'?

there used to be a time, when you could get into a fight, and not have to worry that the other person would pull a weapon, or that half a dozen of his friends would jump in.

there used to be a time when a person could have an honest fight, and afterwards, you could shake hands and things would be settled.

there used to be a time when people understood the meaning of the word 'honor', and would abide by a code of conduct; and it didn't matter if you won or lost, so long as you stood up for yourself.

i feel sorry for the kids nowadays who'll never understand that.

there's nothing wrong with a good honest fight. - we need to bring that back for our children's sake.
    There was never any such thing as this.

Originally posted by MaFuYee

I'm really not that sure about that. People have been fighting dirty since the days of stone v. fire hardened wood. I think we romanticize the past too much, but seeing as I have better things to do on a Sunday than look up sources to back my claim, I'll just leave it at that.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Honour , and a code of conduct will not save you from a well trained psychopath intent on taking your life.

honour, and code of conduct will not work against an enemy that is high on cocaine and wants to see you bleed at all costs.

honour and code of conduct , are idealistic notions portrayed on tv. I am neither Mr. miyagi nor Daniel San, and the real world is nothing like kickboxing academy.

Exclamation

*in terminator voice*

honor is left in kindergarden. when u grow up you gotta learn how to deal with reality!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

i believe fighting fairly is only relevent if you agree to fight. if someone attacks you, they deserve whatever they get.

I forget who said it, but.....

....."if you are in a fair fight, then your tactics $uck."
    Last edited by Stranger; 09-07-2003 at 02:10 PM.
    Monkey vs. Robot

I think it's one of those USMC saying Stranger.

The idea behind any martial art is to give it's user an advantage over the other guy. At least that was the thinking once upon a time.

And when was this mystical time MFY?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Rogue,

That time only exists in the essence of Scooby Doo reruns, Hardy Boy novels and cheap Italian westerns.
    Regards

Angry **** Fair!

**** *Fair* I get in a tussle, someone's losing a testicle.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Chivalry, honour, nobility and similar concepts are fictional there is no proof that there evre was an age that promoted those values.

Most of what know these days about these concepts comes from legends and folk tales.
    Fair fighting belongs to the above group.

If duels were that great why were they outlawed in most places.

Even when duels took place the outcome was often not known immediately but could take days to see who died first or at all.

The nice Hollywood death of 1 shot = instant kill, 1 slash/stab/cut = instant kill don't exist in the real world or are very rare.

I also dare most people to continue fighting when they got a bullet in them.

Fair goes also well with bravery and similar concepts in stories, but not in real life.
    Same way the stories of masters of old partaking in duels and killing so many people. Law and police have existed for millenia and many of those so-called masters would have been seen as hard-core criminals and been hunted down.

Seeya.
    Witty signature under construction.