Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1411

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

they werent running naked through the streets before, or setting their own kids on fire, bro.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

That isn't what it says - you are reading statements into it that just aren't there. I understand you think this demonstrates proof of your position.

The abstract does not. The article is hidden behind a paywall so beyond the abstract I can not comment.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    noe, it means can induce psychosis on people who are genetically predisposed to mental illnesses, which are a large enough group in society to warrant a scientific study.
    no, that can be done wit a horror film, or a picture of something terrible.
    there are a billion triggers. Crazy people are crazy people. Anything can trigger an episode of psychosis, withdrawal, etc etc.

the person is already crazy is the point.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

they werent running naked through the streets before, or setting their own kids on fire, bro.
    Yes they do! Crazy people do this all the time without needing Qi Gong to precipitate it for them. Don't you watch the news? Do you think every crazy person does Qi Gong?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    the person is already crazy is the point.
    no, those people have predisposition to brain hormonal imbalance which causes mental illnesses.

youre thinking of psychopathy. qigong can trigger that too but thats different topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    No! In other words, "Adding stress to an already stressed system creates cracks that lead to breakdowns. All this does is demonstrate that Qi Gong adds stress and is full of sh!t as a means of relaxation!
    Epic.

That is all.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

you are confusing mental illness with psychopathy. if you havent studied those things why the hell are you demanding scientific evidence in argument about it?

you are confusing mental illness with psychopathy. if you havent studied those things why the hell are you demanding scientific evidence in argument about it?
    Psychopathy IS mental illness! That is what the word means!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 06-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.

no, psychopaths and sociopaths can function normally in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Psychopathology IS mental illness! That is what the word means!
    I'm beginning to think we should redefine mental illness to mean any thread on Falun Gong that goes up on Kungfumanagzine.com
    Simon McNeil

i had a psychology textbook when i was a kid and i read it for fun. and im actualyl taking courses in psychology. u demanded i talk scientifically, then refute evidence i give you, then talk out of ur ass.

no, psychopaths and sociopaths can function normally in society.
    So can those with mental illness, that is because psychopathy IS mental illness. THAT IS WHAT THE WORD MEANS!

psychopathy means biologically incapable of feeling empathy toward other human beings. its not a mental illness but a physical one.

im quoting from psychology: frontiers and applications.

im bi winning like charles sheen

i had a psychology textbook when i was a kid and i read it for fun. and im actualyl taking courses in psychology. u demanded i talk scientifically, then refute evidence i give you, then talk out of ur ass.
    What we did was challenge your interpretation of the abstract of a single paper with a modest list of cites the entirety of which we could not read due to a paywall.

Considering that your interpretation of said abstract depended on the inclusion of entire concepts not in the abstract (genetic predisposition for instance) this challenge to your interpretation is valid.

And, in this thread, yes, you do appear to be subscribing to the Charlie Sheen school of "winning".
    Last edited by SimonM; 06-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm beginning to think we should redefine mental illness to mean any thread on Falun Gong that goes up on Kungfumanagzine.com
    LOL! Actually, we could say that mental illness is anyone other than ME, in the mind of most individuals. It isn't quite arbitrary, but there is an argument that could be made for a lot of wiggle room. That is why as long as someone is functional enough to not be a danger to themselves and others they cannot be commited against their will. At least where I live anyway!