Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1411

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

yao sing that is about the funniest response humanly possible. excellent work my friend.

It was relocated to the meditation forum...

...and then deleted. We were receiving complaints from all sides on that one. It wasn't making progress. Of course, we have other long threads that aren't making progress, but members aren't complaining so much about them. They seem content to bicker and that's fine. That's what the forum is for. The Falun Gong thread was different. All things are impermanent, especially on the web.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

contentment in bickering is an interesting thing about humans revealed much more glaringly through the wonder that is the internet.

I'm glad I got to read the new copy of the leaflet from the fg peeps though. It confirmed the argument against on a lot of levels.

anywho....*walks away whislting*
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    All things are impermanent, especially on the web.
    I think I'll make that my new signature.

Mk

I think I'll make that my new signature.
    Oh you're just going to delete it in a few weeks, so what's the point? Promises, all I ever get are promises....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Oh you're just going to delete it in a few weeks, so what's the point?
    You're just going to be dead in a few years, so what's the point of eating dinner tonight? Relish the moment, grasshopper.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-28-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Grandma said never argue politics or religion. I think she should just change it to never talk to anybody.

Ha! Good one, MK.

On that note, I think I'll take my lunch break.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Talking

so does that mean we won ?
    whatever im gonna claim the falun gong argument for the "sane" team
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Grandma said never argue politics or religion. I think she should just change it to never talk to anybody.
    Welcome to my family:

My father and my younger bro practice Tibetan Buddhism.

I am Christian and semi/Daoist/Chan Buddhist.

Politics and religions are talked over the dinner table.

After the meals, we move on to something else.

--

Last edited by SPJ; 12-28-2006 at 08:47 PM.

My point is that.

Despite of all these years, we are still what we believe, none is converted to the other side.

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    My point is that.

Despite of all these years, we are still what we believe, none is converted to the other side.

--

That wouldn't work in my house. My parents aren't talking to me because I suggested that the Christian parables weren't meant to be taken literally. They said I didn't 'respect' their religion.

(Oh, I also suggested the Romans used Christianity for political gain, and most of the New Testament shouldn't be considered divine because it was written by Christ's disciples ... LOL )

I never found out until recently about how seriously my Dad took religion. Scary stuff, that.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 12-28-2006 at 08:53 PM.

a lot of people go on about being this or that, but in reality, one could question what it is that they are in fact doing.

if one has a religious path, then instead of pointing out the differences between themselves and the rest of the world and getting worried aboutr whether or not others find them credible, instead, it is simply a matter of working towards embodying the principles of your chosen belief.

as far as I know, exclusionism has never been part of christianity, so to shun someone because they choose not to intellectually accept aspects the same as your own is contrary to the overall principles.

the churches and their ways are not exactly the same as what's laid out in the message of the new testament in regards to christianity, hence all the sects and various schisms that occur.

people want to shape religious thought into a vehicle of power gaining and control. That's the real problem with it all. remove that aspect and it will work. many people do indeed remove that aspect from it and find the path they were looking for. It was under the weeds of their own misconception all the time!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the problem i have with most monotheistic religions is that for the most part none of thir flock actually believe in what they are doing

think about it when u r little ur parents take you to church where you are told that you are a christian
    u havnt decided this for yourself
    so in reality all you are doing is trying to convince yourself that you believe not actually believing
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

do they not do that with polytheistic religions as well?