Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

read the whole article...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

It isn't a clean fit into the Cult box.

I know that I'd prefere to not have to rely on anyone for anything, but that doesn't make it so.

I don't have high regard for any religous group, so why should this one be denied?

They are non-violent, losely orginized, and have a good message.

Catholics have the Pope, Budists the Dali Lama.

Sure some or many of thier teachings my not fit our version of truth, and some are a little icky, but so what? They still sound better than Scientologist
    Any "religion" sounds stupid when your not apart of it.

The whole slow change through capatilism is a good idea, because no one want's to get into a fight with the bigest kid at school. If the kid has an internal change of heart though, all the better.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

1. how does the falun gong material presented in this thread benefit anyone. and-
    2. if this thread is so tedious and depressing, what will it be like when a gonger is encountered in real life.

on a lighter note:
    The incident occured right after Bush urged Hu to allow Chinese to 'speak freely'. The woman, had a temporary pass with a big 'T' on it, also unfurled a yellow 'Falun Gong' banner.
    Pres Bush: '...and in closing, i can only heartily encourage the Chinese people to speak their desires, and let their hopes and ambitions be known. I exhort you to rise up in your individuality, and speak freely!!"

President Hu (to himself): "d'ohhH!!!"

^** disclaimer ** the above dialogue was embellished and does not reflect historical events in any way... b_d)
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Only ignorant and knee jerk reaction liberals welcome Falun Gong... because when the facts are revealed, people start finding out it is nothing more than a cult

Since China is a communist government with a history of repression, people automatically assume they are in the wrong, Falun Dafa is one of the exceptions

A group where once you start practicing it, you seem to wake up in the middle of the night, take a meat clever to family members, ie KILL them would be considered pretty dangerous (unless you are a cult member spreading the propoganda line and quoting the Rev Moon's newspaper)

A group in which a family member of a convert tries to leave, only to be kidnapped and held against their will by the group is pretty much the definition of a dangerous cult

Where ever Falun Dafa has appeared, the same things have happened, and authorities we don't consider autocratic have had similar responses to them...

Don't be fooled by the Falun propoganda
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Juna,
    You have done nothing but bump your gums on some tired old FG BS. Save your long winded dialog and copy and paste jobs for Falun Gong forums. The rest of the world only accepts Falun Gong because they don't know the evils and backwards logic it embodies. Don't make me dig up the dirt on this nefarious cult.

I don't understand why people are tricked into swallowing the insane lies of the Falun Dafa. I guess like-minded people with severe mental disorders should flock together. It makes it easier to round up these nut jobs and put them were the belong...

in an institution.

P.s. The Dafa claims to have been visited by aliens. What do you think of most people who claim to have close encounters of the third kind?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

IKFMDC

Your vague anicdotes about FG cultism is what's hardly convincing. Where's the proof that the meat cleaver guy was a FG, and since when does one crazy make a religion a cult. I have yet to read anything about FG kidnapping, and what I have read would lead me to believe that this is not a practiced by mainstream FG'ers (see my last post).

Your reaction seems to be the knee jerk one. Where are the links to these stories so we can make our own informed discsions.

CaptinPickAxe

Please dig up all your dirt so that the rest of us can see from where you draw your conclusions. Depending on how you interpert things you could say Christian and their ilk have claimed to be visited by aliens.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 04-22-2006 at 01:50 PM.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Falum Gong = Atlantis.

The whole world knows Falun Dafa is good.
    Last edited by Juna; 02-08-2015 at 05:16 AM.

The cultivation stories here:
    http://clearwisdom.net/emh/31/

Health Benefits here:
    http://clearwisdom.net/emh/136/

The ccp Staged "Self-Immolation" Incident on Tiananmen Square here
    http://clearwisdom.net/emh/special_c...mmolation.html

Torture Methods Used by ccp in Persecution here
    http://clearwisdom.net/emh/134/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Donot believe lies and slanders from ccp and certain irresponsible reporters , if you want to know sth, go and find a Falun gong practitioner near you, and ask. It is easy to find Falun Gong practitioners in the world.
    Last edited by Juna; 04-22-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    Falum Gong = Atlantis.
    I donot think so.

You see what one women can do in few minutes.
    That's all I got to say.

Alright there Juna

DO YOU have any third party sorces? If not then shut up. At this point stories from either FG or China are likly to be HIGHLY biased.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Juna
    Its principles are based on Truth, Compassion, and Tolerance.
    I tend to side with the view that FLG does not deserve to be persecuted as much as its followers claim to be, but also that it is a hypocritical movement led by a raving madman: Li Hongzhi. "Tolerance" does not describe the core beliefs of the FLG movement.

Exerpts from www.religioustolerance.org :
    Racism:
    - According to the New York Times, Li Hongzhi said that: "...interracial children are the spawn of the 'Dharma Ending Period,' a Buddhist phrase that refers to an era of moral degeneration. In an interview last year, he said each race has its own paradise, and he later told followers in Australia that, 'The yellow people, the white people, and the black people have corresponding races in heaven.' As a result, he said, interracial children have no place in heaven without his intervention." (emphasis mine)

Beliefs:
    - As noted below, ****sexuality is degenerate behavior, on a par with sexual promiscuity.
    - As noted below, illness is caused by the indwelling of "an intelligent entity that exists in another dimension."
    - The body's vital energy, Qi, can be focused to improve one's health and sense of well being. But it can also "be used to develop the ability to fly, to move objects by telekinesis, and to heal diseases." 12
    - "...the Falun, or Dharma Wheel, and is described by Mr. Li as a miniature of the cosmos that he says he installs telekinetically in the abdomens of all his followers, where it rotates in alternating directions, throwing off bad karma and gathering qi. Many Falun Gong adherents say they can feel the wheel turning in their bellies." 13
    - Eighty-one previous human civilizations had achieved a higher level of scientific achievement than we enjoy at the present time. However, they were all "left in complete destruction." 12
    - A person with qigong training can walk through solid objects, like a wall.
    - A qigong master emits "gong:" a "high-energy substance that manifests in the form of light."
    - Individuals with some qigong training can exhibit super-human abilities: clairaudience, telepathy, precognition, etc. But it takes a qigong master to achieve certain functionality, like alchemy -- the ability to transform one type of substance to another. The latter could tear down a large building using mental power only. They would never do this in practice, because it is forbidden for them to demonstrate their powers. Also, such destruction would cause harm. 10
    - Karma is a type of black material that encompasses each person's body. It has a physical existence "in another dimension and can transform into sickness or misfortune."
    - Qigong practitioners can open their "tianmu" -- third eye. When the passage between their third eye and pineal gland can take many shapes: "oval, to round, rhombic to triangular." A practitioner can see things beyond this world. However, the functioning of the third eye is inhibited at certain practical levels. For example, they are unable to see through walls or clothes, because such a talent would be disruptive to society.
    - Normal people are aware of only three dimensional existence -- four if you include time. However, a qigong master can see "dozens of levels of dimensions." Time shifting is also possible.
    - There are many living entities on earth that appear to be humans, but in fact are aliens. (emphasis mine)

The Falun Gong movement appears to treat ****sexuality -- presumably ****sexual behavior not ****sexual orientation -- as a degenerate behavior, on a par with sexual promiscuity:
    - Founder and current leader Li Hongzhi delivered a lecture in Sydney, Australia in 1996. 7 In it, he made a passing reference to ****sexuality:

"...the morality of human society has altogether declined. The moral values in people’s hearts have been corrupted. When there is no righteous mind, it means that the Fa [law, principle, way] is no longer effectual. When the Fa is no longer effectual in human society, mankind will decline. ...The change in human society has been quite frightening! People would stop at nothing in doing evil things such as drug abuse and drug dealing. A lot of people have done many bad deeds. Things such as organized crime, ****sexuality, and promiscuous sex, etc., none are the standards of being human." (Emphasis by religioustolerance.org).

- In New York City during 1997, he said during a lecture:

"I often say that humankind has gone through different historical periods before arriving at this day. In other words, many, many times humankind was wiped out after experiencing catastrophes at different points in history. ...Some people talk about how great Greek culture was, but where did those people go? Today something from Greek culture can be found: The elements of Greek culture that have been left are definitely from the final period of Greek civilization’s development, and we’ve found that there was ****sexuality in it as well, along with promiscuous sex, and in addition, life was really extravagant and wasteful, corrupt, and terribly degenerate; we can see that humankind had already deteriorated terribly....Aren’t humans in a dangerous state? Your government permits something, your country permits it, your nation permits it, and even you approve it in your thinking, but it isn’t necessarily good. That’s why if you look at today’s society you can see that drug use, drug trafficking, drug making, sex changes, ****sexuality, sexual freedom, organized crime, etc., emerge in an endless stream. Selfishness and desires have made people enemies of one another and without any righteous thoughts. All kinds of phenomena of a degenerate human society abound."(Emphasis by religioustolerance.org)
    Tolerance? You must be joking.
    And these are not the kinds of claims made by real Qigong practitioners, as anyone familiar with the field is well aware; they are the ravings of a man trying to inspire belief in his "superhuman abilities".

That's all I have to add to the matter.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 04-22-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    ~H

http://www.time.com/time/asia/asia/m...nterview1.html

Read this interview with the founder.

Cult that came from aliens.

Excerpt:
    -----TIME: Are you a human being?
    Li: You can think of me as a human being.

TIME: Are you from earth?
    Li: I don't wish to talk about myself at a higher level. People wouldn't understand it.

TIME: What are the aliens after?
    Li: The aliens use many methods to keep people from freeing themselves from manipulation. They make earthlings have wars and conflicts, and develop weapons using science, which makes mankind more dependent on advanced science and technology. In this way, the aliens will be able to introduce their stuff and make the preparations for replacing human beings. The military industry leads other industries such as computers and electronics.

TIME: But what is the alien purpose?
    Li: The human body is the most perfect in the universe. It is the most perfect form. The aliens want the human body.

TIME: What do aliens look like?
    Li: Some look similar to human beings. U.S. technology has already detected some aliens. The difference between aliens can be quite enormous.

TIME: Can you describe it?
    Li: You don't want to have that kind of thought in your mind.
    -----
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Wow... aliens and superhuman powers.

I never realized Falun Gong was China's answer to scientology.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers