Page 50 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

"I was eager to make money, and had a strong desire of lust"

And this lessening of greed and lust is due to FG. How about due to getting older and wiser. I know many people that had lust...and they grew out of it....or they got married and out of natural timing, they grew out of it....

While FG MAY have been your road to this, it is by no means the only road or in any way provable to be the best or even a good road.

Then again, if you are willingly giving your money to promote FG, you might as well become detached from a desire for making money since you ARE becoming detached from your actual money.

"now I know the real meaning of life, so I donot care too much about personal gain, I have a heart of helping others."

SO you KNOW the meaning of life - is Monty Python in there somewhere (talk about an arrogant statement). But, seriously, if that is possible here, exactly HOW aside from preaching "Falun Gong" from the rooftops have you started helping others?

"I was very weak when I was a child, now I have kept heathy for 10 years for practicing Falun Dafa."

ANY form of Qi Gong practice or Taijiquan can offer the self same benefits. Again, you have not shown that this is the best or even a good way....simply one of many ways...and from your hero worship, I would say the price is to high.

While attaining selflessness is a good thing, you can't do it by divesting in your own self while investing in the self of another (like Li Hongzhi).

"Falun Dafa's profound teaching and great benefit has made so many practitioners believe this is a righteous practice. "

Now there is a great pice of logical thinking.

Hmmm...and many people in the 1930's in Germany BELIEVED that Hitler was an ok guy to elect. Many people in the US today BELIEVE that what has happened in Guatanamo is no big thing. Many people in the US today BELIEVE that OJ was innocent, that there was/was not a gunman on the grassy knoll, that Bush is a good/horrible president, that there were / were not WMD's in Iraq....ad nauseam

Belief has never made a thing so. Repeating something often and loudly does not make it true...it may make it annoying and it may make it be believed by many...but it can never make something true.

Blinders are interesting....only when they are on horses.

Anytime that you end up worshipping a living man, you do him as much a disservice as you do yourself, in my opinion. His focus should be making his life better, contributing more to the world, and so should yours. As soon as some of you is tied up in deifying him, some of him becomes tied up in dissuading that practice or accepting it, annoying in the former, self destructive in the latter.

The best way to destroy a man's ethics is by giving him worshippers.

For the record, it took only two Rogue Dead Guy Ales to come up with this post. Praise my name, and I will do a third.

This is the wrong place to seek logical thinking. And also a waste of bandwidth imo.

All this pie-in-the sky religious bullsh|t is just that and nothing more. Tales invented by mortal humans for the express purpose of gaining an advantage or leverage over the rest of the population. Or to make themselves feel more special/better/"chosen of god" blah blah blah.....Want to REALLY be special/holy/loved or whatever? Do the best you can with the time you have on earth...which is alll you can really count on getting, ever. I would trade eternity in heaven with 'jesus' et al for another 20 good healthy years added on to the end of my REAL life.

Sorry to be so err plain spoken, but you gongers just can't stop begging for it. Y'all are worse than little kids sometimes. I can't believe these gauzy insubstantial bubbles have remained un-popped for so long. If you don't like it, waste your energy praying for me to be hit by lightning. Meanwhile I will be busy treasuring the one gift i am sure of, which is a chance to live a life here on earth, in human form. That's all there is people. If you are waiting for more, at least try to keep busy on something worthwhile in the meantime, like loving your family and friends, and be kind to animals too. Try not to fill people's heads up with a pack of baloney just to strip them of their possessions, or worse yet to make yourself feel better or more secure.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

"I was very weak when I was a child, now I have kept heathy for 10 years for practicing Falun Dafa."
    the longer i practice kung fu and orthodox chi gongs, the more i realize how weak I am. huh....
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjos_dad
    the longer i practice kung fu and orthodox chi gongs, the more i realize how weak I am. huh....
    word ......
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Health Benefits

Disease has long posed as a formidable enemy of the human race. Despite rapid advancement in modern medicine, there are still many illnesses with no known cure. Countless people around the world live and suffer in the shadow of their sickness. The following is a collection of testimonials by people who experienced miraculous recoveries after embracing the powerful self-cultivation practice of Falun Gong. Following the path of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance", has brought health, clarity, and wisdom to these people and many more.

These stories represent a small fraction of the numerous accounts of this nature. Because of an ongoing persecution of Falun Gong in China, most practitioners have been unable to share their experience with the world.

http://clearwisdom.net/emh/136/
    Last edited by Juna; 02-08-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Magic - as in BS

Juna, have you ever had an ORIGINAL thought...?

Testimonials...Do you KNOW who uses testimonials....

Those with products to sell but with no definitive proof that their product does anything or is any better than any other product.

They are also used by SNAKE OIL SALESMEN...as in Con Artists.

This advertisement of "Falun Gong - GOOOOOD" get real.

Not only that, but you STILL have not addressed how, other than shouting "FALUN GONG GOOOOOOD" have you changed and become a person not interested in personal gain and interested in helping others.

Do you...oh...say:

Help in homeless shelters
    Help with Foster Children
    Help with being a Child Advocate for abused or neglected children
    Show up to peace rallies that are NOT Falun Gong related
    Visit terminally ill people in the hospital
    Give a sandwich to the homeless person under a bridge....

or...

What DO you do that makes you a better person now? and how would any of this be tied to Falun Gong.

Haven't you gotten it yet. Seeking inner peace or enlightenment is and always has been a solitary thing. When meditating, you go into yourself and others melt away.

You may come out calmer...but the act itself is not one of reaching out but instead one of reaching in.

but... "Falun Gong GOOOOOD" Right....and how would you like to buy some snake oil...

or even just leave it be....no one around here is going to listen to you and no one wants to become glassy eyed Falun Gong folks.

Maybe We Should Stop Already

So 351 posts left. Are we any closer to a conclusion? No. Maybe we should stop this already.

I wonder what the record for "longest thread" is on this message board?

Well, it's either "talk to teh got qi girls thread" or the "is shaolin-do real".

I think it's teh got qi girls thread, but when we consider the multiple versions of is shaolin do real...I am not certain which one holds the record.

Falun Gong seems to be right up there with shaolin do though.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Remember this is not the first time we have had a Juna initiated Falun Goof thread either.

He usually gives up when he realizes that the only person posting is him.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Bloody China Riot Caught On Film: clicky

Apparently this occured in Hebei, and many of the villagers used Xingyi to defend themselves against the people trying to take their land.
    From the commentary on the video: "the people have no private property rights whatsoever, they are simply moved off of their land...".

Independent Canadian investigators say they are convinced that the organs of Falun Gong practitioners in China are being harvested for profit, according to a report released today.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-7-7/43638.html

ccp--the evilest

the story from the cbc:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/cbc/s/06072...t-alleges.html

a lot of allegations, some evidence, no proof and a little xenophobia.

China is known to harvest from prisoners. They say they do it with consent, but that is iffy. As for whether or not it's focused on FGD, that's not true. Bureaucrats in the prison and medical system apear to be profitting from whoever they can harvest from.

btw and fwiw, this is a global problem and not just a chinese one. People are having organs stolen from them regularly in every country. It is because it is so profitable.

p.s read how many times the word alleged is used.
    Seeing as Juna here fails to keep things in perspective and goes for the greatest amount of alarmism possible. Not to mention he has failed to answer to the questions regarding the leader of FGD or it's method and how it differs etc etc.

Juna is a cult recruiter. Beware this type of thinking and make your own decisions based on facts and not on the rants of cult member who can't or won't face up to real facts and instead relies on speculation, conjecture, coincidences, shards of questionable evidence etc etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This 45-page report is the result of an independent investigation by former Canadian Secretary of State (Asia Pacific) David Kilgour and international human rights lawyer David Matas into allegations of organ harvesting from living Falun Gong prisoners in China. This report was released Thursday at a press conference on Canada's Parliament Hill. The report finds these allegations credible.

The report is the result of "weeks of research, evidence verification, and witness interviews," Kilgour said.

This report, available in English and French, can be viewed online or downloaded in PDF format.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-7-6/43626.html