Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Fa Lun Gung is completely unrelated to PM.
    I understand that they are dangerous to PRC because the are
    -huge
    - more faith in their beliefs than in PRC gov and communism
    -the abilty to organize and disperse instantly
    -pervaded high levels of gov(since destroyed)

If you look at history of China you find that these type of groups, since times ancient have been a seroius test of main gov powers.
    Includung ability to topple government.

In Taiwan they practice peacefully in the park totally unhampered in what they do.

There is a large concern in Taiwan that these type of freedoms will be whittled away if Taiwan reunites with China.
    So on March 20th a win for Chen and his plans of a new constition may spark cross strait war, and ultimetly world war.

Chen fills people minds with the belief that Taiwanese have the right to proclaim their...however you want to word it... it boils down to freedom from China.
    Because of this a large segment is ready to fight for the freedoms that Chen and his group say are threatened.

The survey show the country is about evenly split between Chen and the opposition, Lien.
    So we all wait with bated breath.

I am legally not entitled to have an opinion on the matter being a US citizen so nothing here intends to show my beliefs one way or the other.

I watch the situation closely as my Uncle is third in line(roughly speaking) from the presdency himself.

Sorry to get a little OT, but this is the burning question in everyones mind today... Who will win?

How does all this relate to PM?

A bad outcome will result in my returning to USA sooner to tech Mantis there.

Originally posted by Tainan Mantis
    Who will win?

How does all this relate to PM?

A bad outcome will result in my returning to USA sooner to tech Mantis there.
    Your students in the United States would win.

If China does rule Taiwan, will we see an influx of teachers immigrating towards the United States?

Good luck over there....

Isol8d,
    Yes, but my Taiwan students might feel the loser.

If China attacks Taiwan tomorrrow it will take a long time to be in control, if ever.
    All though they have big size, they don't have any easy way of bringing their troops onto Taiwan soil.

Falun gong

hi there, i wonder if anybody tried the falun chi gong system,
    if its benefic or not
    thanks
    investing in loss...

Try something else. ANYTHING else. martialartsmart.com has some good chi kung tapes, I think.

Falun Gong is a psuedo-cult-religion thingie. Fricky.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Vash knows nothing. Falun Gong is one of the best . It is non religous. It is true qigong, very good. I know many practitioners. It is for real, straight up. It is in no way a cult; just practice the exercise and cultivate compassion, tolerance, the truth and do your best in society wherever you are you can make the best out of every situation with falun gong.

http://www.clearwisdom.net

http://www.falundafa.org

Last edited by backbreaker; 03-21-2004 at 10:28 PM.

my questions regarded the exercises, not the rumors that suround this organisation, anybody experience it or know somebody experience it?
    investing in loss...

My opinion of the exercises is that they have no base in TCM, and they are just movements that LI hongzhi made up, who gets his info from other dimensions, sssssssssoooooooooooo, I personally think the exercises are not real qigong.
    Bless you

Hmmm

This subject has come up0 before, and the idea about it having not much to do with TCM I feel is quite true. How on earth it can be conceived as non-religious when its movements/theory etc are all stolen from Taoist, and Buddhist ideas I don't know.

It is not a true qigong, but a peice-meal of a qigong.
    It's history and origins are incredulous to be honest. It's best to stick to a traditional qigong to be honest.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Master Li did not " get falun gong" from other dimensions. It is a system to attain enlightenment and cultivate virtue, and is not the only qigong system with that purpose. It is obviously a real qigong, containing elements from beginner to advanced. TCM has it's basis in ancient qigong styles like falun gong. Energy can flow in either direction and it's not just falun gong which says this. Second of all , Falun gong has no organization or organizational structure. It is actually all up to you.

I know some practitioners and have been told that their health is much improved, and strong compassion is generated ( which are probably related). It is also a powerful system. People can feel strong energy flowing like a wheel the very first day, and I have been told about some things people have seen while doing the seated meditation.

It is very natural. Practice and develop compassion. WHat it really is , is an advanced set of 5 forms. In Many styles you start out with more movements in the beginning, and more of the sets are movements. When you go more advanced levels, less movements and more meditation sequences. That is what Falun gong is, a set of 5 forms, from beginning to advanced, 2 meditation, 3 movemt forms. The first exercise " buddha showing a thousand hands" opens up all qi meridians quickly and safely, and will create a pleasant feeling of warmth all over your body for a while.
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-22-2004 at 10:15 AM.

It is not stolen. It is for real. Falun gong and similar buddhist and taoist styles are the original, religion comes from them and changes when it becomes religion. You're better off with falun gong than some alternative healer messing with you. The benefits of falun gong are very good and come quickly. There is not a valid argument against it
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-22-2004 at 10:15 AM.

Hmmmm

Im sorry but when you come out with stuff like
    There is not a valid argument against it
    you kind of render yourself totally without credibility.

I mean how on earth can you make a statement like
    You're better off with falun gong than some alternative healer messing with you.
    as such a generalisation?

Falun Gong obviously does NOT stand alongside with traditional qigongs, and when you say that religion comes from Falun Gong but then totally misquote and contradict yourself by saying earlier that

It is non religous
    you are giving out not just mixed messages but a very poor edvertisement for Falun Gong, as if it doesn't have one anyway.
    You say it is a complete system yet it's been pieced together from bits of Buddhism and bits of Taoism.
    We've already had a thread before about the dangers of mixing different qigongs together hoping that they will stick, and this is no different.
    The large and tall claims you make need to be backed up by something other than personal opinion.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

IT IS CLEARLY NOT PEICED TOGETHER OR STOLEN. There is no basis for that. It is much more powerful than acupuncture; the energy. You are a wannabe expert. Qigong is the original, religion comes after. Falun gong is not religous, it is real. At the very least the benefits are acheived before death, and it cultivates gong not just De. I don't speak for Falun Dafa, just my own opinion, Falun gong is powerful and non religous. No more religous than any qigong. IMO it is far superior to TCM or religion. If that offends you, just remember it's just me saying it, not Master Li at all, he has said old religions are true, but I think qigong really has the full truth.
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-23-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Dude, you are the biggest zealot on these boards. Relax with the propaganda spewing for a minute or two.

Fact is, Falun Gong is controversial, not because of the Chinese government, but because of the weird theory thrown around by its founder, among other things. With so many options these days, if you live in a city of reasonable size, it is almost guaranteed you can find a respectable qi gong teacher if you really look. Why go to Falun Gong?

Furthermore, calling Repulsive Monkey a wannabe expert is childish and ridiculous. As much as I disagree with the guy at times, he has clearly researched and studied qi theory and TCM as extensively, if not more so, than anyone on these boards. He has demonstrated his knowledge much more clearly than you have.

Every time the subject comes up, there are many reasoned voices giving clear explanations of why Falun Gong is best avoided, then there is you, the lone voice supporting the practice, generally providing little or no reason why it is worthwhile, just unsupported assertions.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

70 divided by 10 is only 7. Only 14 by 5. 2 1/2 is 28. So your numbers are useless to show your correct. Falun gong is one of the best. Hmmmm, sorry but you are not a qigong practitioner. Falun gong is one of the best. I know this and have experience with it. Repulsive monkey is a typical wannabe expert, and I am not just saying this. I have seen his type before. You think you are experts but you are not. Not childish at all, but true. You are the zealots, falun gong is all about moderation and living your life with a smile.

Second of all, external energy emission and cleaning up students bodies or developing their "falun" is not at all strange, and is in the capabilties of many masters. Long distant healing in another city away is well within the capabilities of a master.

Dude
    Last edited by backbreaker; 03-23-2004 at 10:16 AM.