Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    Not true.

The qigong is borrowed from various sources and incorporated. What I have seen of the qigong is legitimate qigong.
    ...and watered down, incomplete. Nothing more than parroting the basics which can be found in several public sources.

The problem is with Li and the agenda of the organization, not with teh qigong used and propogated.
    Yeah, like "let's package some BS and laugh at the dumb roundeyes paying us for it"

The ideas and philosophy of Li is what is weird.
    Kooky, cultish, and childish, Li's stuff is best suited as material for a fantasy cartoon. I mean come on, waving your hands in a yin-yang patter over your food to get rid of "evil chi"?

He's laughing all the way to the bank.

2. Thumbs up

Superstition sells.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Post i Remember reading......

An article about this group a few years back. After posting the query here and then thinking on it i remembered the article.
    I seem to remember reading that they wish for china to return to the old confucious ideals before the communist rhetoric came in to play.
    i dont know how practical that is but apparently this organization has ALOT of people in it and the communist government thinks that is a threat.
    i am one who believes that communism is a failed system and really doesnt work and more democratic means of governing oneself in the world of society is a much better system,,however it seems as though these people are just trying to govern thier own spirituality in a country that degrades and discourages spirituality, since communism through the mind of MAO states that religion is poison and should be erradicated.
    but i am no joiner of cults so I personally would steer clear of them. they did spark my curiosity though.
    i just wonder about the qiqong practices that they incorporate
    i mean is it 8 peices of the brocade is it 5 animal frolics is it Li's own amalgamation of several systems of qiqong?

PEace,,Wind and Mountain
    Chung-Chih(Loyalty and Wisdom) A heart that is in the center is a heart in the right place. The wisdom that the heart spreads is the knowledge that spreads and enlightens,like the suns' rays, benefitting the world at large.

Read Zhong Falun and tell me it is made of real qigong. It is foney bougna ( it was funny to write that!)
    Bless you

There are people who practice it on Boston common. I think it's good in the sense that it brings qigong to the people. and the qigon itself is very un martial. very soft which i think is more truew qigong than alot of the slowed down aerobics being touted as the real deal in kung fu schools. But they think their leader is some kind of God or something. I was talking to one guy who does it and he told me the falun gong was bigger and better than taoism or budhism or something.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

There was a minor FG demonstation in copenhagen once, where they tried to get people to come and try out their methods. me and my buddies said "what the heck" and went there. Their excercises are watered-down, and doesnt do sh!t. it is not real qigong. If they help with anthing, it would be because of the Placebo effect.
    I agree that it is a cult. What they are trying to do to people, I dont know. but i guess it isnt good.

I also see it as mainly a cult like organisation
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by chen zhen
    If they help with anthing, it would be because of the Placebo effect.
    Not defending Falun Gong at all here ...

But if it's placebo that's helping you, who cares? Who cares what causes the effect as long as it is there. How is placebo in any way less real than 'real'?

Indeed, I think all qigong has a little to do with placebo (from a western perspetive).
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

placebo nothing. Like it, practice it , believe it...... whatever .... its science baby

10. Thumbs up

"But if it's placebo that's helping you, who cares? Who cares what causes the effect as long as it is there. How is placebo in any way less real than 'real'?

Indeed, I think all qigong has a little to do with placebo (from a western perspetive)."

It matters,in that you may be investing money&time in it,more or less.Literally "buy" it anyways.
    That is,if thatīs the best it can give,you may as well do something else,or even just sit down and visualize.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Dear Former

I have been wrestling with this issue for some weeks. Ive gotta say that your words have helped. From a scientific point of view, while the existance of qi has been proven by nano - technology research, really besides words from Li hongZhi himself ( which may or may not be true and accurate) there is really nothing solid that I have seen myself to back the virtues of falun gong practice ( except for degrees of increased energy potency which may or may not be placebo by - product). Being a reasonable kinda person, the best I can do is to reserve judgement until if ever the science ( which I'm not so un-onto it about) becomes available.

cheers FC

12. Thumbs up

" From a scientific point of view, while the existance of qi has been proven by nano - technology research, really besides words from Li hongZhi himself ( which may or may not be true and accurate) "

I know nothing about this (these matters tend to be highly questionable).

"Being a reasonable kinda person, the best I can do is to reserve judgement until if ever the science ( which I'm not so un-onto it about) becomes available. "

OK.

"there is really nothing solid that I have seen myself to back the virtues of falun gong practice ( except for degrees of increased energy potency which may or may not be placebo by - product). "

Understood.Walking has helped my energy potency (terms may differ).The benefits are well-established/documented.

"Dear Former

I have been wrestling with this issue for some weeks. Ive gotta say that your words have helped. "

Iīm not sure what the exact issue that you have been dealing with that hard is (FG?),but Iīm glad to hear that.

"cheers FC"

Cheers BL!

-FC, summer of 2006-

Formercastleva

As far as your familiarity with nano - technology and qi, pls feel free to exlpore quorumglobal.com for scientific enlightment.

As far as walking and increased energy potency goes ...you are a funny guy.

what ever fc..whatever

14. Thumbs up

"As far as walking and increased energy potency goes ...you are a funny guy.

what ever fc..whatever"

When I was younger,I could have thought that the lawn was more green on the other yard,not anymore.

"As far as your familiarity with nano - technology and qi, pls feel free to exlpore quorumglobal.com for scientific enlightment."

With best respect in mind,I must note that there is plenty of pseudoscience out there.

http://worldwidescam.com/quorumdd.htm

-FC, summer of 2006-

Castelva

You are correct. There are alot of pretensive scientific claims out there, but I can almost guarantee you that this isn't one them. I followed your link and couldn't open the last page. That aside however, I have on previous occasion invesatigated the guenuinity of this research with a quite prominent multi - million dollar Austailan business man and sceptic at my terminal beside me.

In the article you directed me to, it states thats the nstc budgetary claim is falsified ( whether or not that has anything to do with the results they acheived), which castleva without evidence on refuting parties counter claims is nothing more than assumption at this stage.

I have a financial interest in Quorum global myself and have gone to great lengths to investigate their legitamacy. The NSTC ( NATIONAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COUNCIL ) has had a budget of $21 billion ( larger than the us defence budget) with assistance from nasa, cia, usda, fda and epa to privelege us with this information.

As you are aware Castleva, this information revoloutionises western medicine and particular the parmecuetical industries ' potential revenue. Are you sure, bearing in mind that quorom is a hong kong owned company, that this rebuke you have discovered may be nothing more than a fabrication from someone with veested interest standing to lose large should tjhis information be assimilated into western knowledge of the way energy and health combine and correlate on a physics scale? Remember, the nstc have produced technology allowing them to build equipment that measures qi on a scale of frequency and have also been able to produce, preserve ,maintain and retune energy according to this knowqledge.

Really FC, I appreciate your scepticism but unless you have something solid to add, I suggest you look at the source of this information you provided and investigate their rescources, motivations and integrity.