Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

It looks like some sort of chi gung to me. It reminds me of the Buddha Hands chi gung that I have seen people do.
    If they were living next door to you would you have a problem? Probably not.
    Always learning

Quote Originally Posted by tug
    Here we go again...
    Everybody knows that China is a dissent crushing government. It's just that we're trying to ignore it and let capitalism take hold so they have more incentive to change their ways, in their time.

So these FG people aren't really helping things any with all their protests, they're just making things harder for themselves. They should just all shut up for about 10 years or so until things change a little over there.

If anybody has ever tried to reason with Chinese people, the very worst thing you can do is make them lose face with protests like this. It's equivalent to slapping them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkwoon
    If they were living next door to you would you have a problem? Probably not.
    Exactly. What the heck is the PRC so afraid of? Let them meditate if they want, they're not hurting anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by chud
    Exactly. What the heck is the PRC so afraid of? Let them meditate if they want, they're not hurting anyone...
    They're afraid of a large group of people following a non-state sanctioned religion, where one person (not a person sanctioned by the state), is in power.

Anyways, they should all just give it a rest. All of this will change as China becomes more and more capitalistic and they worry less about religion.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    So these FG people aren't really helping things any with all their protests, they're just making things harder for themselves. They should just all shut up for about 10 years or so until things change a little over there.
    People have been shutting up for a long time, maybe now is as good a time as any to start speaking out. Sometimes you have to fight for freedom.

People have been shutting up for a long time, maybe now is as good a time as any to start speaking out. Sometimes you have to fight for freedom.
    If there is one thing I have learned about the Chinese, arguing and fighting will get you only a very angry and upset Chinese person.

Now money under the table, or threatening to take away the money, now that can actually change the person's opinion. Which is essentially what we're doing with the WTO. Which is why there isn't any point to demonstrations right now.

Anyways, they should all just give it a rest. All of this will change as China becomes more and more capitalistic and they worry less about religion.
    You knocked the correct out of the park there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

If there is one thing I have learned about the Chinese, arguing and fighting will get you only a very angry and upset Chinese person.

Now money under the table, or threatening to take away the money, now that can actually change the person's opinion. Which is essentially what we're doing with the WTO. Which is why there isn't any point to demonstrations right now.
    I dunno, I think we've tap danced around this issue long enough.
    Just my two cents.

I think you will ALL be VERY interested in this Link.

http://www.buythecase.net/aisle/108/...2A&match_type=

This has my interest really Perked up now.

As always,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Um... actually... by refusing medical assistance and a few other rather untoward practices the FG often hurt themselves and their families.

However this is not what got them banned.

They got banned because they tried to slowly take over the CCP and then when they got caught they broke China's religious organization laws.

This really is a one-man worship-me cult. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that it's banned.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

China's religious organization laws.

Hahah yeah that is what they call it.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Religious freedom in USA?

Let's not forget what happened at Waco - Raid by federal agents with tanks and deadly weapons resulted in the death of 74 men, women and children of the Davidians.

They're afraid of a large group of people following a non-state sanctioned religion, where one person (not a person sanctioned by the state), is in power.

i don't personally think capitalism will have as much of an impact on the way the chinese government addresses human rights as people contend. capitalism and communism are merely economic concepts and don't have as much baring on individual rights. the only way i can see capitalism forcing the chinese government to change in this regard is if after they take a major change toward capitalism their treatment of the FG people (or any other dissetning minority) starts hurting their profit margins. Which i doubt it would. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy
    i don't personally think capitalism will have as much of an impact on the way the chinese government addresses human rights as people contend. capitalism and communism are merely economic concepts and don't have as much baring on individual rights. the only way i can see capitalism forcing the chinese government to change in this regard is if after they take a major change toward capitalism their treatment of the FG people (or any other dissetning minority) starts hurting their profit margins. Which i doubt it would. just my opinion.
    More money to more people = more education = more views of the industrialized world (TV, media, etc.) = more wanting freedoms = more freedom.

That and the WTO saying they have to do certain things to be a part of it. I could be wrong, but look how far China's come in the last 28 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy
    the chinese government addresses human rights

There was progress towards reform in some areas, but this failed to have a significant impact on serious and widespread human rights violations perpetrated across the country. Tens of thousands of people continued to be detained or imprisoned in violation of their fundamental human rights and were at high risk of torture or ill-treatment. Thousands of people were sentenced to death or executed, many after unfair trials. Public protests increased against forcible evictions and land requisition without adequate compensation. China continued to use the global “war on terrorism” to justify its crackdown on the Uighur community in Xinjiang. Freedom of expression and religion continued to be severely restricted in Tibet and other Tibetan areas of China.

http://web.amnesty.org/report2005/chn-summary-eng