Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

for anyone else interested in the scientific merit of qi, pls do a search on the nstc, go to nanotechnology, select r&d (research and development) have a look at finacial contributers, go to their sites to do reverse verification then see results back at nstc nano technology.

former
    While quorum may or may not have direct affiliation with the nstc, they have by whatever means been privvy to this information and have therefore also had the benifit of this $21 billion r&d. I dont remember what quorums own r&d budget was, but I have experienced these products first hand. I am passionate about optimum health and qi and while you may claim that what results I experienced was placeb effect, you cant **** with fact and until its proved otherwise, I'm just going to have to trust the evidence.

I've watched a group practice in a Rowland Heights, ca park and from what I can see the exercises are quality. The down side of the practice is they played some annoying music/chanting whatever from Li hongZhi.

The real downside of Fa Lun is the political crap they started. They have totally ruined open Qi Gong practice in China.

3. Thumbs up BloomingLotus

"You are correct. There are alot of pretensive scientific claims out there, but I can almost guarantee you that this isn't one them. I followed your link and couldn't open the last page. That aside however, I have on previous occasion invesatigated the guenuinity of this research with a quite prominent multi - million dollar Austailan business man and sceptic at my terminal beside me. "

I think the site (Quorum Global) is what made those questionable claims.Using seemingly scientific terminology to support pseudoscience is nothing new.
    Not to be taken personally,but saying that you or some people you know have "investigated" this,fails to convince me of their value.
    I want hard evidence,the site makes apparently made-up claims about their authencity,but provides no objective references or research to check.As the site I posted,and even their site says,their claims have not been validated.Not very surprising.

"I am passionate about optimum health and qi and while you may claim that what results I experienced was placeb effect, you cant **** with fact and until its proved otherwise, I'm just going to have to trust the evidence."

What you have felt about anything of this is hardly a relevant issue.
    Evidence?

"As you are aware Castleva, this information revoloutionises western medicine and particular the parmecuetical industries ' potential revenue. Are you sure, bearing in mind that quorom is a hong kong owned company, that this rebuke you have discovered may be nothing more than a fabrication from someone with veested interest standing to lose large should tjhis information be assimilated into western knowledge of the way energy and health combine and correlate on a physics scale? Remember, the nstc have produced technology allowing them to build equipment that measures qi on a scale of frequency and have also been able to produce, preserve ,maintain and retune energy according to this knowqledge. "

The ridiculous thing about this is the whole non-falsifiable energy that this is based on.Reminds me of other "qi research" dealing with "bioelectromagnetic fields"."According",indeed,to their knowledge.

"Really FC, I appreciate your scepticism but unless you have something solid to add, I suggest you look at the source of this information you provided and investigate their rescources, motivations and integrity."

Source of my information deals with related hoaxes.
    I have added my reasonable doubt.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

4. Post Back to Falun Gong

I found an interesting article,which sums it up IMHO.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/asia/m...nterview1.html

The least exciting of which is;

"TIME: Would you use qigong to cure an illness?
    Li: I can do all of this, but I won't do it. "

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

fORMER,

DUDE..TO QUOTE THIS YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT AND I WILL DISCUSS THIS NO FURTHER!!

AS FOR "CONVINCING YOU..THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING KIDDO AND WE ARE NOT HERE TO CONVINCE YOU BUT TO SHARE WHAT WE KNOW.

HAVE SOME REALITY, STRUGGLE WITH IT AND LOVE IT FOR THE REASON THAT YOU FIND TRUTH AND GROWTH.

6. Arrow

Take it easy Lotus.

-FC, summer of 2006-

FG brings cult-style qigong to the people, which is bad for people who are just practicing traditional qigong for health and martial arts (it's the same to me). Qigong should be no more mystical than walking, and yet the underlying principles and the effects can be profound. The thing is, you don't have to understand or believe in the underlying principles, as long as you are practicing correctly.

No, but you do need to know exactly what it is you are practicing, and yes, I agree. ( I think you may've missed earlier posts) When abused falun gong is definately capable of damage to both individuals and the environment they are in contact with

Cults sucks ass
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Exactly! Drama for freakin what?

Brad

You know what dude, dont be afraid to answer questions especially from your own students. Every one deserves answers and if they cant ask us, who can they ask?

As for li hong zhi being raelian ..what the?? Maybe hey

12. Thumbs up

-FC, summer of 2006-

I guess if tai chi was a cult I'd join. But I think the falun people will eventually realize that they can seperate the mystical religious stuff from the qigong.

blooming lotus- you seem like a big weirdo. Are you a drug addict of some kind?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

JE

lets get real for a sec.. Falun gong is a branch of qigong. as far as mysticism goes..that **** is just twisted perspective! And fine ..if it makes you feel better, yes i am an athlete and I am on drugs ********!

Falun?

Hey Everyone

In a previous thread there was mention of 'Falun'? What exactly is that and how has it caused problems for other chi-gongs? I saw a group of Falun Gong practitioners in a park once last summer, they were doing alot of standing with their arms in an 'embrace the tree' like posture at different angles to the body. I am curious...what are they doing to cause so much trouble?

Thanks
    Respectfully
    scott